0
A few years ago, Joel joined me on my weight loss journey.  We set up this competitive game, though today neither of us can remember the exact details of the 'game', but each week whoever lost the most 'won' something (money, an item of the winner's choice? We cannot remember!).  This strategy really worked for me.  It helped me drop about 30 lbs (though I did have more to lose).  Eventually though, we fell off the wagon and were simply never able to get back on. 

Once I reached my highest weight ever (263.8 lbs) I told myself I just had to get it together.  You'd think that seeing that number alone would be enough to motivate someone to get their butt moving to lose some poundage, but that was not the case for me.  It took seeing my grandmother pass away to really drive the nail in hard.  I must do this... NOW, not next Monday when I'll promise to 'start over', not next month or next year, but NOW.  So I have been on this journey seriously since November 2010. 

And now, Joel has decided to join me! 


"Listen here buddy, I'm gonna win this!"
Courtesy of here.

This Friday will be our official weigh in day to kick off the new competition between us.  We will mimic the Biggest Loser and will be basing the competition off of percentage of weight lost.  The weekly loser then has to pay $10 per percentage point difference.  So if I lose 4% of my body weight, and Joel loses 2%, then he will have to pay $20 total - $10 for every percentage difference.  After a period of time, that has yet to be determined, the winner will then get to choose an activity they want to do, using the earned money toward that activity, and the loser MUST join them.

I'll be posting our results each week! Stay tuned! :)
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category HJ Competition / Success / Weight Loss by title A Little Competition Never Hurt Anybody :). You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/04/a-little-competition-never-hurt-anybody.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo A Little Competition Never Hurt Anybody :) Updated at : 7:12 AM
Thursday, April 28, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top