0

We’re half way to Friday!! Hooray!!

Kyle left for work early today which meant we had to drive separately. For some reason when we don’t ride together I don’t get out the door as early as I should! Today that resulted in cold cereal breakfast at my desk! I had 1c Crispix, 1 small sliced banana, and 1c skim milk for 5 points. DSC08908

Two of my staff called in sick today so that only left 3 of us in the office! Good thing it was a bit of a slower day! We survived!! :)

However I didn’t get to go home for lunch until about 2:30pm. For one I couldn’t believe it was already that time and I wasn’t starving! I made a childhood favorite of mine, mac n cheese…but much healthier! I had 2oz whole wheat pasta, zucchini, and the cheese sauce was made from light Velveeta & a sprinkle of water for a total of 5 points. Mmmm good!DSC08909

After work I stopped quick at our local farmers market! I had a plan in mind…more on that another day!!! But I did pick up a few squashes I want to try!DSC08910 DSC08911

I made a few other stops for my “project” (are you curious yet?!?!) and then headed home to get started on supper! I made pizza casserole! I modifyied the recipe a little, used less ground beef, a little ham, seasonings, and some green peppers! Good stuff!!DSC08912

I also had a side of roasted green beans for a total of 8 points. DSC08913

Pizza Casserole

  • 1 lb ground beef or turkey
  • 1 15 oz can tomato sauce (the recipe called for chunky Italian style…we aren’t fans of tomato chunks tho!)
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 10oz can refrigerated pizza crust
  • 1 1/2 c 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
    • Brown meat. Drain if necessary and return to skillet. Add tomato sauce and cook until heated.
    • While meat cooks coat 9 X 13 baking dish with cooking spray. Unroll pizza crust dough and press into bottom and halfway up side of baking dish. Top with meat mixture.
    • Bake uncovered at 425 degrees for 12 minutes. Top with cheese and bake for 5 additional minutes or until crust is browned and cheese melts. Cool 5 minutes before serving. Makes 6 servings. 6 points/serving

I didn’t realize it until I was doing this post, but man did I enjoy some “comfort” food today…mac n cheese & pizza!! The good part is that both items were point friendly…kudos to me! ;)

WEDNESDAY’S STATS
POINTS = 18/23
WEEKLY ALLOWANCE POINTS = 0 used/35 remaining
ACTIVITY POINTS EARNED = 0 today/0 week
H2O = 138 oz
EXERCISE = none

No pictures yet, but my twitter update is the only clue you guys get right now on my “project”!! I can’t wait to put everything together!!image

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Comfort Food. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/10/comfort-food.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Comfort Food Updated at : 8:31 PM
Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top