0
Quote from my former Weight Watcher leader:  "Just because you're in a garage doesn't mean you're a mechanic, and just because you plant your tiny hiney here doesn't make you a Weight Watcher."

I didn't make it to my meeting today. I had all kinds of good intentions, but it's my husband's birthday "weekend". Yes, we do birthday weekends. I started it a few years ago that during the weekend of your birthday, it's YOUR weekend. Whatever the birthday person wants, the birthday person gets. It's really fun on my birthday, and a hell of a lot of work on my husband's birthday!

Between preparing him breakfast fit for a king, baking his favorite cake* from scratch and taking my cat to the vet, all before 11am, I missed all the Saturday morning meetings. I even forgot to step on the scales here at home. Tomorrow, I promise tomorrow I'll weigh in here at home.

I've been really good about my eating, no junk food at all (not that I ever eat junk anyway), but more importantly, no binging. I don't know what happened or why, but since I posted the Secret post, I don't have this crazy urge to eat at night. I'm tyring not over-analyze the situation and just let it be.

 I've cut back on the exercise just a bit, working out only five days a week for an hour or two hours, depending on how much time I have and if I'm in the mood for a 2-hour workout. I still feel like I'm cheating, but I feel so much better physically. It was getting where I was sore all the time, my muscles always ached and hurt. Now I'm giving them some recovery time. My workouts are stronger, and I'm not exhausted all the time. I'm even sleeping better. I'm trying to ease up on myself a little and not be such a nazi about the exercising.

The weekend
I screwed up royally on one of my husband's birthday presents. Several weeks ago he saw a commercial for the musical South Pacific playing at the Seattle 5th Avenue Theatre. It looked pretty cool and the reviews are great. He mentioned he'd like to go to see it, but we never discussed it any further. Last week as I was scrambling to get his gift (a really nice camera that I totally want for myself), I thought the play would be a fun thing to do together.

I looked online at tickets for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The seats for Friday and Saturday were horrible, way in the back where you'd need binoculars to see it. Sunday however, had great seats at the 1:30pm show. Right up front, perfect view of the stage. I bought the non-refundable, non-exchangeable tickets. Over $100 each.

Yesterday my husband started talking about Superbowl Sunday. I asked, "oh, when is the Superbowl?" I'm not a big football fan unless it's the Seahawks or the Broncos. If it's not one of those teams I could care less. I almost fell over when he said this Sunday. Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Then  I asked, "you're not watching it, right?" He looked at me like I'd grown horns. His response was something like this..."are you kidding?! Of course I'm watching it! The Saints are playing!!!" My response, "who are the 'Saints'?

I got an earful about the Saints and how much he likes them. I honestly don't know where I've been the past few months when he was watching the Saints play, but I had no idea he was a fan.

Surprisingly when I told him the tickets were non-exchangeable and non-refundable, but maybe I could find someone else to go with me, he said no, he really wanted to go. Then he got excited about the show. He's actually a pretty understanding guy when I do this kind of thing, and I seem to do it a lot.

We're going to record the game, but I doubt it'll be the same for him.

*About the cake. It's chocolate, his favorite. I hate chocolate cake so I'm okay with it being in the house. No worries of me binging on chocolate cake. Now if it was carrot cake or German Chocolate cake, that would be an entirely different story.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title What is a "Weight Watcher"?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2010/02/what-is-watcher.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo What is a "Weight Watcher"? Updated at : 12:04 PM
Saturday, February 6, 2010

Post a Comment

 
Top