0
I finally got home yesterday after getting stuck in Dallas on Friday. The flights were full so I celebrated my birthday at an airport Holiday Inn Express. Sucks to be me sometimes.

I was too tired to be sad about it, although it was the first birthday in my entire life that I spent alone. My coworker asked what was he, chopped liver? We had dinner at the Sheraton next door and toasted my birthday with diet coke. It was certainly not my most memorable birthday. It ranks right up there for worst birthday ever with when my entire family and my friends forgot my 16th birthday. That's a long story that I actually hadn't even thought about in years, until Friday.

It was an incredibly long week, but our software passed certification. Just barely, with a few tweaks that have to be made this week before it can be deployed, but it passed. I guess I still have a job.

Yesterday was a belated birthday celebration, starting with my husband meeting me at the airport with roses. That was sweet but sort of embarrassing. He's never done anything like that before so I don't know what came over him.

It was a day with too much food, starting with breakfast at 13 Coins. My husband made my favorite dinner, Seafood Alfredo with king crab, scallops and prawns. Carrot cake with butter pecan ice cream for dessert. All delicious, all bad for me. I feel like the Goodyear Blimp today, and I doubt it's just the sodium.

I've been trying all day to drag myself to the gym. I'm so tired I just want to curl up into a ball and sleep, which is exactly what I've done. It's 1:30pm, and I'm finally up, thinking about actually getting dressed and going to the gym.

I know this week is going to be tough. Back to eating healthy, eating less and my regular exercise routine. Back to my life. Regardless of how hard it's going to be, I'm thrilled to be home.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Home Sweet Home. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2009/08/home-sweet-home.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Home Sweet Home Updated at : 1:29 PM
Sunday, August 9, 2009

Post a Comment

 
Top