0
I guess anytime things get stressful between partners, one's mind has a tendency to wander...

He's visited my dreams a few times lately.  It's so real.  I see him, smell him, hear his voice and I feel him. 

I found him on facebook today.  He's married and has a beautiful son that is a mirror image of himself.  No I'm not stupid, I won't contact him. 

I feel silly thinking about him now.  I last saw him 19 years ago.

He was my first love.

It was too much, I was way too young, far too many years between us.

Nothing kinky in the slightest.  But he filled the role of the daddy I needed.  And the allure of having the man that other girls swooned over... and the secrecy, the danger, the excitement, oh wow!

It was discovered and it needed to end.  I was of age by then. Still his job could have (should have) been on the line.

It ended too soon.  I wasn't ready.  Neither of us were but he knew it was best.

My mom was dying, just months left to live.  Even though she hated me I felt I should be there for my dad who also didn't care for me.  I ran away from the state I grew up in and transplanted myself to where I am now, where my parents had relocated to.  It was a disaster in every way.

I threw myself into an abusive relationship with the first person I met after moving here.

Got out many years later.

Rebounded into the arms of the man I eventually married.

I don't have regrets.  I love him.  I adore my children and I have a good life.  But I do ache for more.

Now here I am, fantasizing about my first love.  Wondering what could have been. 
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Old Flame. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/09/old-flame.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Old Flame Updated at : 5:46 PM
Thursday, September 5, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top