0
Two milestones were reached this past weekend!

First, I made it to the 38 week mark in my pregnancy - that is great news!  I know she's still growing because by the day it seems as though my stomach is getting tighter and tighter.  More aches and pains keep occurring in the lady parts.  Sleep is getting harder and harder by the day.  For example, last night I started in a laying down position.  At around 1 AM, I transferred to a sitting up position.  By 3:15 AM, I moved to the couch.  The couch may be my permanent bed from here on out.  I need something to grab onto to help lift myself up and roll over.  I haven't had much exhaustion during this final trimester, but I credit that in large part to working at home.  I'm sure if I was getting up everyday at 4:30 to head downtown, it'd be a much different story.   The exhaustion I've been facing recently is no doubt due to the restless sleep I've been getting.  Nearly everyday I've been taking a nap to help make up for it.

This afternoon I have a doctor's appointment, so I hope it fairs good news for us!  I should be learning more about whether or not I'll have another rate-of-growth ultrasound.  If they do decide to do another, then I should also learn after that how quickly I'll have her.  Part of me wants her to arrive on her own time (preferably before the 40 week mark), but part of me hopes they say - "let's schedule you for a c-section" - and that way I may not have to endure the pain of labor.  Right now, I just really want her out!!



Also on the milestone marker this weekend was the celebration of our one year wedding anniversary.  It is so hard to believe that it was just one year ago, on June 9, that we were married in Montego Bay, Jamaica.  A lot sure has changed in just 1 year!

From wedding dresses...



......to maternity dresses!



For our anniversary meal, we dined at the National Harbor at McCormick & Schmick's.  We chose that restaurant because they offered red snapper, which was part of our main dish for our wedding dinner. It was so incredibly tasty - especially with the added lemon garlic butter crab on top.


Afterward, we came home and had a very tiny piece of our wedding cake.  It actually tasted just fine, but rest assured the remainder will be going into the trash.  That is far too much cake for either of us to consume!  The flavor was a Jamaican spice cake, which we chose for obvious reasons.



If you would have asked me a year ago how I thought we would be celebrating our first anniversary, I would have said via a cruise back to the Caribbean.  But as they say, "If you want to hear God laugh, tell Him your plans."  Honestly, our little dinner out at the National Harbor was perfect.

The month of June has been fabulous to us so far, and it's only going to get better with the impending arrival of our little lady!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Anniversary / Baby Busbee / Pregnancy / wedding by title 38 weeks & 2 days Pregnant. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/06/38-weeks-2-days-pregnant.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo 38 weeks & 2 days Pregnant Updated at : 11:11 AM
Monday, June 10, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top