0

Of all the geeky debate items on my plate (and in my wheelhouse) at any given time one interesting one has me a bit perplexed.  When it comes to spaceship mechanics, who would I want in the Engine Room?  Kaylee from “Firefly” or Mr. Scott from “Star Trek”?

Now, I know what you’re thinking—that it does not matter because I will never be on a starship, but it matters to me (and fansboys around the world as well).  So here is how the battle shapes up in my mind:
The pros of having Kaylee as the engineer, aside from having Jewel Staite on your ship, include:  being good and creative at ship repair, having extensive knowledge of the ship, and anticipating issues with the engine.  The cons are lack of experience, not having knowledge of transporters (I know there weren’t any on “Firefly” but still), and her being a distraction for the ship’s doctor.  Basically, she was more of a mechanic than an engineer.

Mr. Scott was for the most part the complete package.  He had knowledge of just about every major system on board the ship and usually managed to get results.  The big downside is that sometimes his solutions were not necessarily his ideas.  Mr. Scott had a number of talented individuals to draw input from.  This guy was a very important part of a very massive ship, which can not be understated.

So basically, it depends on what you’re looking for and what kind of ship you are on.  Me personally, I like the feel evoked on “Firefly” so I lean toward Kaylee and Serenity, but if I was going to be engaged in an all-out galactic clash give me Mr. Scott and the Enterprise.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category firefly star trek / kaylee / mr scott / scifi by title Mr. Scott or Kaylee: Which Sci-Fi Mechanic Would You Take with You?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/04/mr-scott-or-kaylee-which-sci-fi.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Mr. Scott or Kaylee: Which Sci-Fi Mechanic Would You Take with You? Updated at : 6:51 PM
Monday, April 29, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top