0
Here's something unbelievable to me: I'm now 27 weeks pregnant!  This also means I have just 1 trimester left to go before the little girl makes her debut.   People told me this would go by fast, but I really cannot believe how quickly it has! 

I've been trying to take a belly picture every other week to capture the growth.  I think in the beginning this was ideal, since it didn't appear that much was really happening at all.  Now, I'm so glad I took the pictures because when I compare a picture from 19 weeks vs. 26 weeks - holy moly!  I've grown!




26 weeks - giving Kim Kardashian a run for her money
in the hiney department!

Last weekend we visited one of my favorite parks near Joel's childhood home.  It's a park that sits along an inlet of the Potomac River in Maryland.  I wanted him to take some pictures with the "fancy camera", but then I realized I forgot to put the memory card back in it.   I hate to be that person that blames things on "pregnancy brain", but if I don't say or do something as soon as the thought enters my mind, it is gone just that quickly.  Alas, we had to settle for iPhone pics, which weren't too bad. 

I know time is going to continue to fly between now and June.  My goodness, it's already practically the last week of March!   We have many weekends booking up between now and June and that is going to bring the little girl here before we know it.   We're taking a "babymoon" to Virginia Beach in mid-April (though we'd rather be going some place truly warm - like FL!).  I'm also proud to say that I scheduled a maternity photo-shoot with Emily from Elkinks for the beginning of May.  Yes, I am a plus-size pregnant lady, but I'm not going to let that hold me back from documenting this little girl's journey into the world.   I've done that far too many times with other things in my life.  Emily will also be doing our newborn shots, and those I most definitely cannot wait for!

I'm excited for my first baby shower, which is happening April 6.   I have to admit, I am feeling a little down about it though - 20 people were invited and less than half can make it :(.   Still, I have 3 more showers after this one to help prepare us for the little girl!  My office is hosting one during a lunch hour in mid-April, my mom is hosting one in May back in PA, and my mother-in-law is hosting one in MD the following weekend.   I hope we get a lot of the essentials for the little lady.  Our big ticket item is really just the stroller/carseat combo.   Everything else is just going to be "nice to have". 

If you are a mom, did you do a formal maternity photo shoot? Why or why not?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Baby Busbee by title 27 Weeks. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/03/27-weeks.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo 27 Weeks Updated at : 12:27 PM
Monday, March 25, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top