0

Hola y’all! I struggled all day trying to come up with a subject to write about tonight. Well, actually I struggled for about 30 minutes this evening after Matt-Man casually mentioned not having to write to night and realizing that it is my turn.

It was then that Matt and I engaged in a brilliant and intense brainstorming session on Twitter to come up with something for me to write about. Well, being Matt he came up with something for HIM to write about and I could play along. Tonight I’ll list some of my favorite words and Matt will follow up tomorrow with his. We’re just so damn clever.

So in no particular order are some of my favorite words that I can think of right off the top of my head without giving this a whole of thought cause I’m on a deadline…

Shindig: Basically any event that includes more than two people is a Shindig. It can be a big, lavish party like a wedding or a Holiday Party or Bar Mitzvah. It can also be a group of friends gathering at the bar for some beer and nachos while watching the game. Can it be a family reunion? Sure! Hell, it doesn’t even have to be that formal. I could be three-way conversation on Skype. The thing they all have in common is people gathering to have a good time and maybe throw back a drink or two and have some food.

Discombobulated: Pretty much anytime anyone is even the slightest bit confused, I consider him or her to be discombobulated. One of the reasons I love the move version of “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” is because sweet little Cindy Lu Who (who grew up to be a Pretty Reckless chick) describes herself as feeling all discombobulated. So cute!! It’s just a fun word to use.

Verklempt: This word differs from “discombobulated” in that rather than just being out of sorts or confused, a person who is “verklempt” is very upset. It is possible to be both discombobulated AND verklempt though. Anyway, anyone who is even the slightest bit emotional over anything at all, even if it’s just a minor sadness, I consider to be “all verklempt.”

Loathe: I don’t dislike people. I don’t even hate people. I looooooaaaaaaathe them.

Superfluous: A great example of “superfluous” would be the extra “M” on Jon Hamm’s last name. I guess they thought they could make up for it by leaving the “H” out of his first name, but if you ask me that just compounded the problem.

Shenanigans: One can either call shenanigans or get into shenanigans. It’s a very versatile word.

Nefarious: Sometimes those shenanigans are nefarious.

Jocularity: I’ve always been a big fan of Father Francis Mulcahy. And I’m a big fan of engaging in all kinds of jocular activities because people rarely get physically injured like they would if it was a hubbub or hullabaloo.

Badonkadonk: Hey now! That’s totally a word. And, you guys all know that I’m an ass man.

Pithy: I like to keep most of my blog posts rather pithy. I know how short your attention spans are.

Gallivanting: Why would anyone want to just go about their daily activities like shopping, working, visiting friends or whatever when they could be GALLIVANTING ABOUT even if it’s something mundane.

Okay, that’s enough for now. This post might get a bit long and I hate if I get too verbose.

Jayman
Jayman3768@gmail.com
@Jayman_IWS

Also, if you are bored and have nothing else to do. You could always check out our "Internet Love and Friendship" show on I'm With Stupid. Jocularity abound!


Listen to internet radio with Im With Stupid on Blog Talk Radio


Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Jay's Favorite Words. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2013/01/jay-favorite-words.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Jay's Favorite Words Updated at : 9:00 PM
Sunday, January 27, 2013

Post a Comment

 
Top