0
I so needed this 3 day weekend.  All of last week I was exhausted as a result of having a hard time falling asleep almost every night.  I am a person who needs at least 7 hours each night and I wasn't getting anything close to that.  Anyhow, this weekend afforded me some much needed rest!

Along with the relaxation, I was also extremely productive.  I got in all 3 days of activity for the week: Friday - elliptical, Saturday - Wii Fit Plus, Monday - WW Core Cardio.  Now, overall I'd say I had a great on plan weekend.  I did have a few "detours" along the way, but I recovered quickly (and proceeded to throw those bags of Red Hots & Sugar Daddies into the trash!).  Normally I would just allow the failures to keep mounting, but I got myself back under control by the next meal (not the next day!).

Lesson Learned: When shopping, take a healthy snack!  Even if you don't anticipate getting hungry, take it!  It's better to be prepared than give in to temptation (i.e. candy).

Additionally, I got loads of homework done.  In case you're new here, or don't know, I am pursuing a second degree/second career in nursing.   I love it and I love my classes, but they are no joke.  I cannot stress enough how much harder online classes are.  You think they're easy because you don't have to attend class?  Wrong!  I spend so much time studying every day because I'm essentially teaching the material to myself.  In the case of anatomy and physiology - the work is endless!  Needless to say, I spent the majority of my weekend studying.

Naturally, Charles just had to help.



He was as bored (and frustrated!) of the chemistry chapter as I was.

"Sodium combines with chlorine to make WHAT again??"

Not to be the lady who lets a weekend pass by without a shopping trip, I also visited TJ Maxx and Marshalls this weekend.  I have to say, I normally have a lot of luck at both of these places, especially in the plus size department.  This weekend, it was sort of a bust.  I only found two tops at TJ Maxx.  I ended up having far more luck for Joel.  He's very into the "dry-tech" clothing, so I scored 4 shirts for him.

One place I did have awesome luck was Payless.  I used to hate that place - detesting the man-made leather shoes.  (This is definitely my mother coming out in me!  She would say it is such a waste to spend money on "fake" leather shoes when you can buy something of more quality at a department store.)  However, Payless is fast becoming my favorite shoe store.  They're relatively cheap for cute and stylish knock offs of designer duds.  I also have to admit, all the shoes I've bought there within the last year are still going strong!  I've had great luck with their flats, and this is also the place I bought all of my summer sandals.  

Today I nailed these 3 beauties:



I'm so excited to use my Looks I Love pinboard to come up with some outfits to wear with these.


I already have a few in mind.

Charles Always-Needing-Attention Busbee
 Additionally, I snagged these navy blue flats at Marshalls ($19.99):



What are your thoughts on Marshalls/TJ Maxx and Payless?  Do you shop at those places?

Hope you all had a fabulous holiday weekend!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weekend Recap by title Weekend Recap. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/09/weekend-recap_3.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Weekend Recap Updated at : 5:33 PM
Monday, September 3, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top