0
I have no doubt that my continued On Plan success this week has come from the aid of my husband in the cooking department.  There is simply not enough time in my day to do all that I want to do, which includes cooking a healthy and full course meal each night.  On weekends I typically do a slew of meal prep for the upcoming week, but September has completely devoured all of my weekends with weddings and other fun activities.

Tonight, Joel made one of my favorite meals in the pressure cooker.   He used the sweet turkey sausage from Shady Brook Farms along with some broth, peppers and onions.  Out comes a delicious hot sausage meal in, literally, minutes.  That pressure cooker was one of the best things I've ever received as far as cooking tools.  Meals are completed so quickly and easily and deliciously.

an old pic of these delicious sausages! (you can tell it's
mine since I don't eat peppers & onions :) )

In addition to the tasty meat came the side dish of turmeric roasted cauliflower - a veggie dish I most recently enjoyed at FitBloggin via the McCormick Spice experience.  Anything that is simple and gets me eating veggies is a major plus to me.  However, next time we are going to half the amount of olive oil and not include any salt.  It was super salty and oily.  I know that EVOO is good for us digestively speaking (helping us to absorb other nutrients more easily), but there was definitely too much oil for this Weight Watchin' gal.


I did finish off my day slightly over my DPT by 3 PP.  I had a cup of chocolate milk after my dinner.  I love milk so much and drinking it was totally worth it.  It served as my dessert for the evening!  

And after that very salty dish, it's just me and my Nalgene tonight!



Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weight Watcher Recipes by title Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/09/turmeric-roasted-cauliflower.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Turmeric Roasted Cauliflower Updated at : 6:51 PM
Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top