0
Matt coughs.  Jay sneezes.  You grab a surgical mask, and listen.

Matt:  Hey Jay.  Thanks for doing a Thursday morning phone call instead of our normal Thursday night.
Jay:  No prob.  I have people covering my pre-existing conditions, er…appointments.
Matt:  This sore throat is a bitch. Hurts to eat, to drink, to talk.  Oy.
Jay:  Wow.  Should I list you as probable, questionable, or doubtful for Sunday’s show?
Matt:  What?  Are you suffering from Fantasy Football withdrawal?
Jay:  Not at all, why?

Matt and Jay:  (Cough, Sneeze, Cough, Sneeze)

Jay:  Hey?  In this Sunday’s intro and since you are not well, should I replace your singing with a file off the bench?  Say…Mitt Romney singing America the Beautiful in order to bolster our line-up?
Matt:  Our Line-Up?  Focus Man.  Dear God.  There is no Fantasy Football this ye---
Jay:  Oh wow…Man I don’t know where my head was at.  I am sorry.  Okay I’m good to go now.
Matt:  Okay.  It’s all good.

Jay:  Man…Between my allergies, your whatever, and now this withdrawal thing, we’re a medical mess.
Matt:  No shit…It’s amazing how even simple medical maladies can screw one’s life up even for short periods.
Jay:  IKR?  I had to throw a half a plate of Lemon Poppy Seed muffins away, because I sneezed on them.
Matt:  Really?
Jay:  Well yes and no…I mean, I did sneeze on them, but I figured it was my own sneeze, so…I didn’t really throw them away.
Matt:  Understandable.  I guess you just considered them to be glazed at that point.
Jay:  Exactly. It’s a sin to waste food, y’know.

Matt:  (Cough)
Jay:  Hey…This Sunday we could talk about all of this.  You know, how it sucks to get sick.
Matt:  It is that time of year.  Cold and Flu season is fast approaching…obviously.
Jay:  Exactly.  We could talk about the times we have been sick.
Matt:  Hospital stays.
Jay:  Hot Nurses.
Matt:  Funny diseases.
Jay:  Death Panels.
Matt:  The color of the gallon of funk they drained from my lung.

Jay:  What color was that, exactly?
Matt:  I guess you’ll have to wait til’ this Sunday at Noon ET to find out!!

Jay:  Aw Man, this is gonna be epic.  I may even impart what kind of Doctor I always wanted to be.
Matt:  I have an idea as to what that might be.
Jay:  Maybe so, but you won’t know for sure until this Sunday at Noon ET as IWS Radio presents…A Couple of Sickos.

Matt:  I like it.
Jay:  Me too.
Matt and Jay:  I think we’re set.

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Matt Said, Jay Said LVI. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/09/matt-said-jay-said-lvi.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Matt Said, Jay Said LVI Updated at : 9:00 PM
Friday, September 28, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top