0
From Thursday through Sunday of this past week, I attended my first ever blogging conference in Baltimore, MD.  The name of the conference is FitBloggin' and it brings people together who care about being healthy.  I learned a lot about the business of blogging, social media strategies and other morsels of the blogging lifestyle.

I also met a ton of amazing bloggers - those who I have followed for years and those who are brand new to me.  The whole thing was rather surreal.  Never in a million years did I think I would ever meet some of the bloggers I read daily, including Bitch Cakes, Roni, and Gina.   On top of meeting some of my long time favorites, I also got to meet one of my new favorites, Kelly @ No Thanks to Cake.  Still, there are so many others I cannot wait to add to my reader who seem to have such amazing stories that I know I can truly benefit from.

Bitch Cakes

Gina from Skinny Taste

Kelly!

One thing that became very apparent to me during this conference is that I need to bring The Big Weight back to what it's initial intent was: documenting my journey purely for my own benefit.  While FitBloggin had so many informative sessions on the entire business surrounding a blog, I quickly realized that my intention for TBW (at this time, at least), is not to make a business out of her.  I'm not writing for statistical purposes, i.e. gaining an insane number of webpage hits or being a Twitter/Facebook superstar.  I started TBW so that I could document my weight loss journey to provide a way to reflect on what worked and what didn't.

I think that sometimes I've gotten caught up in wanting to write what "my readers" want to read and forgetting about the true purpose of TBW.  I don't ever want what I write to lack authenticity.   It's not about how many people are reading each post/tweet.  It's about me finally losing The Big Weight and being able to have a way to reflect on this journey.

In the meantime, if I am able to inspire someone along the way - fabulous! - but my goal is to stay true to myself and true to the goal of TBW: lose the weight while learning more about myself each day!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category fitbloggin by title FitBloggin Reflections. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/09/fitbloggin-reflections.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo FitBloggin Reflections Updated at : 8:05 PM
Monday, September 24, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top