0
If you follow WW, then you know they have some "mental" strategies for getting the weight off - referred to as Helpful Habits and Tools for Living.

This week I decided to re-focus on the Helpful Habit "Manage Your Thoughts" and the Tool for Living "Empowering Beliefs".




The concepts are all about positive thinking and being kind to yourself.  I'm sure you've been asked this question before, but would you give your best friend the same kind of response you give yourself when you've had an "off plan" day?  You know - the harsh self-deprecation?  I highly doubt it.  In fact, I find much enjoyment out of encouraging others.  But encouraging myself feels....selfish.



The bottom line is this: telling myself that I suck is not getting me anywhere.  It's not motivating me to do better, otherwise I wouldn't be in this boat.  I should be my own cheerleader! 

Manage Your Thoughts

I know positive self-talk works.  Not only have I had success with it in college when I lost 50 lbs, but I've had success with it in other areas of my life as well.  Remember those two 5K's I ran two days in a row in early summer?  What do you think got me through that?  I certainly wasn't telling myself "Hilary, you're never gonna finish.  You might as well just start walking.  You're too fat to run the entire 3.1 miles."  No, I said none of those things.  I kept encouraging myself the entire time, little by little.  Not focusing on the big picture, but instead concentrating on each step I took.   

Manage Your Thoughts

I can meet my goal of approximately 165 pounds.  I am capable of eating right and making better choices all the way around.  I'm not meant to live this way, carrying around The Big Weight on my shoulders.

I was meant to live happily and that's just what I'm gonna do.



*you can pick up your own copy of the brochures at your local WW meeting center!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weight Watcher Pamphlets / Weight Watchers by title WW Helpful Habit: Mange Your Thoughts. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/08/ww-helpful-habit-mange-your-thoughts.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo WW Helpful Habit: Mange Your Thoughts Updated at : 4:35 PM
Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top