0
One thing I've tried to make good on this year is allowing myself to still wear nice things even if I'm not at the weight I want to be.  It's honestly been really tough for me to do this - spending money on clothes of a size that I don't want to be - it feels like a waste!  But the fact of the matter is, I don't know how long I will be at this weight, and I should be living everyday as if it were my last.  Therefore, I want to feel put together and not frumpy. 

So, I'm saying all that to say.... :)

I've found Pinterest to be a huge style inspiration for me.  I use it mostly to get ideas of different ways I can wear the current clothes I already own.  I tend to wear the same things in the same way over and over.

My "Pinterest" style this week was a grey ensemble I put together with inspiration from this pin:

 
Obviously, the above is for a more casual look - which I can certainly get down with.  However, I wanted to take that look to the office as well.  So I went with this:

click for bigger pic!

There's lots of grey going on... but I liked it.  I think the earrings helped keep the color noticeable enough since my necklace wasn't quite as chunky and full of color as the original.

By the way, posing is so awkward for me.  I hate that whole hand-on-the-hip pose.... it seems so fake and staged......and vain.  But how else can I do it? 

The necklace is from Target and was $14.99.  The shirt I bought just this past weekend on clearance for $5 at Kohls!


I will have to try this look with jeans and see how it goes.  Your thoughts on this look?

Do you use Pinterest for style inspiration?  I am style challenged, so I need all the help I can get.  Let me know - I'd be happy to follow you!

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Clothing / Style by title Pinterest Inspired Outfit. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/08/pinterest-inspired-outfit.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Pinterest Inspired Outfit Updated at : 4:27 PM
Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top