0
It is true: I am officially burned out from this weight loss thing.

I am now going on 7 months where I cannot get it together.  My problem is eating.  I suck at it.  I suck at planning.  I suck at sticking to my Daily PointsPlus Target. I suck at sticking to my Weekly PointsPlus Target.

My motivation is rapidly depleting.  I'm sick of "start-over-Friday"!!!!! 

Why is it, that despite the fact that I hate being overweight, that that is still not enough motivation to keep me on track?  Why?  Why is food more important?  Why does the focus always need to remain on what I'll eat at the next meal, or when I'll eat the next meal?   Why can't I just listen to the hunger signals my body gives out, instead of just eating to eat?

Sometimes I think that I might be better off if I took a little break from WW.  Maybe the time away would allow me to erase all of the bad WW habits I've acquired, so that I can start up again soon with a fresh, clean slate. 

Sometimes I wonder if I tried just eating intuitively, how that would bode?  Perhaps that would take the pressure off of daily meal planning, where if I was just eating until I was satisfied, then I wouldn't have to worry so much about all the details. 

Yet, when I think about taking a break from WW, it scares me quite frankly.  I've counted Points in some fashion practically since I've been 17 years old (now 28).  It's all I've known.  And it has worked for me in the past.  I'm afraid if I take a week off and just try intuitive eating (i.e. not counting Points), then I might set myself back yet another week of not losing.  I'm tired of failure weeks!

Right now, I just feel very overwhelmed.  And when I think about "start-over-Friday" tomorrow, it disgusts me.  Because I know I'm gonna fail yet again.  Because I know the immense amount of time and effort that goes into daily meal planning, and I cannot bring myself to find the motivation to do it.  Yet I don't know what other way to be successful.  Some planning needs to be involved, right? 

And when I fail at meal planning, then it all becomes a downward spiral.  Sort of like - work before play.  If I cannot meal plan and have On Plan (or even near On Plan) days, then I don't deserve to do the things I enjoy (i.e. blogging, photography, reading, etc). 

I don't even know a question to pose to you, but feel free to leave your advice and feedback.

Since I've been absent from my own blog, I've also been absent from reading yours!  This weekend I plan to blow through my Google Reader to get caught back up - oh, how I've missed you all so :).


Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Lacking Motivation / Weight Loss / Weight Watchers by title Burned Out. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/08/burned-out.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Burned Out Updated at : 2:56 PM
Thursday, August 9, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top