0
I am so proud to report that I have been consistently working out for almost a year and a half now... quickly approaching 2 years in November.  I have not consistently stuck to working out this long ever in my life.  Sure, I might be a 230ish pound female, but I work out every week!  Clearly, I have that part of my healthiness journey down.  Consistency with eating well is lacking, but I'm working on improving it.

Over the last several weeks, Weight Watchers has been sponsoring a get-active event called LiveLifeActive.  Beginning in June, if you record your activity within eTools, somehow you're eligible to win prizes.  They've also offered discounts on all of their fitness products, for which I took full advantage.  (Sidenote: Last year WW hosted a 5K walk called the Weight Watchers Walk-it Day Challenge - I thought this was soooo much better!)

While I'm not a huge yogi - I'm not opposed to it - I do enjoy my Gaiam Yoga for Weight Loss DVD.  I've never had a yoga mat before so I picked up the WW version, which boasts a bit larger size than your average yoga mat.  I also purchased the WW activity DVD that offers 5 DVDs with 5 different styles of workouts. 

Source.


I mistakenly thought that because these were WW workout DVDs, the intensity of them would probably be on the low side.  Well, I'm sure they're no comparison to Jillian's Shred, but these DVDs are tough!  So far I've done them all at least once, but have done the Core Cardio DVD twice.  Every single time I have walked away sore.  The length of the workouts range from 30 min to just under 40 minutes.  Each of them offer an express workout option as well. 

The 5 workouts are:

  1. Total Body Cardio Stretch: yoga-like
  2. Upper Body Boot Camp: lots of weight moves
  3. Lower Body Interval Training
  4. Core Cardio
  5. Cardio Basic
This is the basic layout of every DVD.  Imagine a little timer bar in the lower right corner of the screen.  The girl on our right is always doing the lower intensity modifications.


The things I enjoy about these workouts are:
  • Cool little timer bar that runs across the bottom, showing you how long you have left.
  • The modifications of the workouts that tailor to someone who is more advanced to someone just beginning.
  • The length of the total workout.
  • The soreness afterward!
  • The moves are not difficult to grasp.  So, if you don't feel very coordinated, like myself, the moves are not complex and are easy to follow along with.
The things I don't enjoy about these workouts:
  • The moves are too repetitive.  For example, you might be lunging for 2-3 solid minutes on the same leg before you switch.  I find that's a long time to remain with the same exercise, especially if you're trying to keep up with them - I get really tired.  Not only that, but it gets boring.  Now, since results are what we're going for, the challenge is appreciated.  However, it does make me dread the workouts a bit because I know I'll be doing lunges (or whatever exercise) for what seems an endless amount of time.  Other exercise DVDs are really great about keeping things moving (The Wave, for example).
  • One particular move in some of the DVD's is sort of like a plank, but you walk yourself into a plank position.  These are extremely tough!  I also get very lightheaded when doing them, so I only do one and try to do a different move while the trainers proceed with those moves.  
What's your favorite workout DVD and why?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Exercise / Fitness DVDs / Weight Watchers by title Review: PointsPlus Fitness Series. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/07/review-pointsplus-fitness-series.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Review: PointsPlus Fitness Series Updated at : 6:43 PM
Monday, July 9, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top