0
Our first 4th of July as a married couple was spent in the back of a GMC Acadia with a scant view of the fireworks through the trees.  Sadly, the town got a thunderstorm right before the fireworks began.  I would have loved to see the kids' reaction to the fireworks had we been able to sit outside with the view we were originally going to have. 

What a better way to cap off a very hot day and a night of fireworks with icecream, right?  Well, everyone else was enjoying the icecream but I just tried to focus on something else, like catching up on my Google Reader.  It was tough. 

I'm trying to be cognizant of how I'm feeling or what I'm doing when I crave a sweet.  I think it's important to understand what makes me suddenly want to eat them.  So far, it's rather obvious that when there is so much downtime, then I really want a sweet.  Couple that with any amount of boredom or minor stress and the craving is amplified.  

While I'm only focusing on your typical, easily identifiable sweets, I'm sure many of us would be surprised to find discover where else sugar is hiding in non-typical "sweets".  I read in a Women's Health article that even a McDonald's Sesame seed bun contains sugar.  How necessary is that really?  I'm not ready to be that strict with the elimination of sugar from my diet, but it's something to consider and be mindful of when selecting certain foods.  Should you venture to that article, be sure to check out that fun quiz at the bottom of page one - the questions/answers are interesting!  For example, between a Yoo-hoo and an Ocean Spray Light Cranberry Juice - which do you think has the least amount of sugar?  It's the Yoohoo!  Granted, it's not by much, but I was still surprised yet again of the marketing schemes surrounding juices.... it's all about that health halo.

Have you ever quit eating sweets?  What was the biggest difference you felt/saw as a result?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category No Sugar Challenge by title All I Want is Chocolate!. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/07/all-i-want-is-chocolate.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo All I Want is Chocolate! Updated at : 1:36 PM
Thursday, July 5, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top