0
As it turns out, I took a road trip to the Motherland (Pennsylvania) to spend time with my niece and nephew this weekend.  Yes, I had a ton of plans but time spent with the kiddos is rare.  I missed both of their birthdays this year, and I wasn't sure when Joel and I would have another opportunity to get up there this summer. 

1 year old & 4 year old - both already incredibly intelligent!
I was still able to accomplish much on my to-do list.  My sister and I went shopping and I found some dresses at Old Navy and JC Penney.  I plan to model them for Joel when he gets home to get an accurate assessment on whether or not they look good.  I definitely appreciate his honesty when it comes to what I wear.

I only managed to get in 1 day of activity this entire week!  One is better than none, but still.  The single day of activity came this past Sunday when I babysat my nephew while the others went to church.  We took an hour long walk around the neighborhood.  The poor guy has suffered lots of pesky illnesses since his birth just over a year ago, and so everyone thought it best to keep him at home and away from the children at church.  This time he has a rash that the doctor's were unsure of its cause.



Things that were accomplished this weekend that I can feel good about:
  • hair is freshly dyed and cut
  • bought some clothes and a bathing suit for Jamaica
  • dropped my wedding bands off at the jeweler today for sizing
  • finalized some last minute details with Sandals in regard to the wedding ceremony
  • my veil arrived!! bought on eBay for the sweet price of $25!  AND, it's great!
All I have left to get is a garment bag for my dress to carry onto the plane.  I've been told to go back to David's Bridal for the bag.  Your thoughts?

Another thing to consider.... would you invest in a wedding video?  It looks like the base price for one at Sandals starts at $500 and I just don't know what to do.  Did you do one for your wedding?  Is it worth that price?

I asked on Facebook for "can't put it down" book recommendations for the trip.  Joel and I are both not the bravest flyers.  In fact, we visited the doctor last week for some "happy" pills - I got Ativan and he got Xanax.  I need something to occupy my mind without fail during the 3.5 hour flight!  So, I bought the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy and Weight Loss Boss (by the WW CEO).  Anyone read these?

Are you a fearful flyer?  If so, what gets you through a flight?  If not, why not??    
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category wedding / Weekend Recap by title Weekend Recap. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/05/weekend-recap.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Weekend Recap Updated at : 6:23 PM
Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top