0
I've been absent from The Big Weight.  I'm also pretty good at stating the obvious.

I haven't had a lot to say these days, as I've gained/lost the same +/- 5 lbs.  As I had been stating for several weeks now, I've had an incredibly hard time getting my mind back in the healthy eating game since about February. I eat out of boredom, and that's the bottom line.  BUT, I'm not giving up no matter how many failures I have.  I'm going to lose this weight no matter how many "re-starts" it takes. 

I had a brief email exchange with fellow blogger Kelly @ No Thanks to Cake, and she reminded me that she blogs for her, not for others (thank you SO MUCH for your encouragement Kel!).  As much as I agree with this, clearly I was in the mindset of thinking about what my readers would want to see.   Does anyone really want to keep seeing someone fail who had been on quite a roll previously?  That doesn't sound very inspiring.  But The Big Weight, at the end of the day, is for me.  The more I document my journey here, the more beneficial for  me whenever I do have these stumbling blocks along the way.  I can go back and see what worked before and try to apply those methodologies again.  But if I'm not here writing it down, then I don't have a point of reference.  So hey, here I am again... stumbling around aimlessly or not!

Rarely am I able to do both things well on my weight loss journey - I can either eat perfectly (which is rare), staying within my PointsPlus every week, OR I can get in my allotted goal for exercise.  As is typically the case, I've been tearing it up at exercise!  During the weekend of April 28, I ran, not walked, RAN, two 5K's!! 

On Saturday, I attended the Civista Health & Wellness 5K, which caters to both runners and walkers.  I typically try to run some of the 5K, but I've never been able to do the entire thing.  As the race began, I found this lady who was running at a good pace and I thought, "I can do this.  I'm just going to follow her as long as I can."  And so that's what I did.  I just paced myself according to her and I ran the entire time!  I gave myself positive self talk throughout, reminding myself to breathe, relax my shoulders, and to pace myself.  I did so well and I was incredibly proud of myself!  I also let that lady know what an inspiration she was to me at the end - and she was just as grateful for my kind words to her as I was to her pace-setting. 

Needless to say I was rather sore after that 5K, but I tried to stay active the rest of the day (by going shopping :) ).  I got this suit for a work function.  I am a very anti-black suit person.  That's all women seem to own and I like to go against the grain.

Just call me Dr. Pritt
Anyhow, the very next day I had the March of Dimes - March for Babies.  This was a 5K that is geared toward walking (and I raised $225 for it).  As much as I wanted to say "I ran my first two 5Ks every back to back in one weekend!" I knew I had to be reasonable about it.  I was very sore when I woke up Sunday morning, but as we lined up for the walk and the adrenaline started pumping, I knew I wanted to give this run a shot.  So I did, and I went about the same method: set a nice, reasonable pace and kept encouraging myself that I could do it.  I wasn't out for speed, but for simply finishing without stopping.  I'm not gonna lie though, it was tough - I was sore and also the entire last mile of the race was uphill!  BUT, I did it!!!! I ran the entire thing and I had tears in my eyes walking running (I just remembered!) back to my car. 

after the March for Babies
 I ran two 5K's the entire way through in 1 weekend!!

I do have a LOT to be proud of on this weight loss journey!

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category 5K / Civista Health and Wellness / Exercise / March for Babies / March of Dimes / Success / Weight Watchers by title Oh Hey, I'm Back. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/05/oh-hey-i-back.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Oh Hey, I'm Back Updated at : 7:22 AM
Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top