0
To get myself back on track, I've been trying to change things up in the food/eating portion of this weight loss journey.

Via Pinterest.

I've started with changing my weigh in day from a Friday to a Wednesday.  I did this for a number of reasons.

  1. I found that I was blowing through my entire Weekly Points Plus balance by Sunday (weighing in on Friday's).  Then I had nothing left from Mon-Thurs as a back up.  This caused self-sabotage, and I would just eat what I wanted to anyhow.  My logic is that if I weigh in through the week, the likelihood of me using/blowing through the WPA is slim to none because I'll want to try to ration them better pre-weekend.  My work week provides some much needed structure around my eating.  I typically have an easier time staying On Plan M-F than I do on the weekends.  Depending on how this goes, I may even opt to move the weigh in day to Monday's!

  2. Change is good.  I've been using Friday as my weigh in day for YEARS (more than 4 at this point), so picking another day is just a good way to shake things up.

  3. Knowing that my new "week" will start in the middle of the work week kind of relieves some stress.  It provides a mid-week "start over" that helps sustain me through the rest of the work week (I'm on my second week now for Wednesday's).

I picked Friday's to weigh in initially because it gave me the WPA to indulge over the weekend, but with plenty of time to regroup for Mon-Thurs.  The problem was, the regrouping wasn't happening.  I would get so upset with myself for blowing through the WPA during the weekend that I would just let the downward spiral continue through to Thursday.


Via Pinterest.

I read a great article on Weight Watchers that talked about how the day you choose to weigh in can serve as a key strategy in our weight loss journey.  For example, many people use Monday's as an anchor to get them through the weekend (to encourage them not to over indulge).  I like this idea and will consider it after a few months at Wednesday's!

Why do you select the weigh in day you do?  Is it just because that is when your meeting site is open, or do you have a special reason why you choose the day you do?


Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Inspiration / weigh in / weight loss anchors / Weight Watchers by title Changing Things Up: Weigh In Day. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/05/changing-things-up-weigh-in-day.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Changing Things Up: Weigh In Day Updated at : 4:26 PM
Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top