0
I had an AWESOME weekend!

The birthday celebration continued!  I had a shoe-shopping date with my friend Margie Friday afternoon.  I've found that as the weight has started to come off, I care more and more about the way I look.  I want to look nice, not just presentable.  I could have a nice outfit on, but then the shoes I've paired with it are all wrong, making the whole ensemble look terrible.

Not anymore!

In very recent history, I've had some amazing luck at Payless with their flats.  This time around, I was in search of sandals for summer, and sandals I did find!




Margie and I both had HUGE success at Payless - so cheap but so cute!  We even bought a few of the same pairs - you cannot deny a great steal in both style and price.



Alas, brown was not enough.  I needed silver as well.  I did not, however, need Charles to be munching on the price tag.


A hardcore lover of purple, I had to get these:

they look silver here, but trust me!

I won't deny that I'm going to be using this shoe shopping experience to buy some matching clothes, especially for those yellow numbers.  And yes, when I find something I like, I just tend to buy one in every color.



We later continued our shoe shopping at DSW, where the shoes are again, very cute, but much more pricey.  This time, I was searching for a summer walking shoe.  I walk a lot to/from work and I like to get outside during my lunch hour for a stroll.  My feet tend to regulate the temperature of the rest of my body, and I knew for summertime walking I wanted something a little more substantial than a flip-flop, but not quite as restricting/claustrophobic as a traditional tennis-shoe.

Enter the Barefoot Designs J-41 shoe!

Charles is always there when you don't want him to be!
With the help of Margie's keen shoe-shopping eye, I was able to snag these babies and they are EXACTLY what I was looking for!



As for an end to an already perfect Friday, later on we went to see Titanic 3D with our neighbors.  I love Titanic, but I have to admit that once they hit that iceberg my love for the movie quickly declines.  Even though I KNOW what happens, I'm still on edge for the remainder of it all.  I'm glad we went to see it though - the 3D offered a cool perspective.

Do you ever shop at Payless?  Where is your favorite place to buy cheap, stylish shoes?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category birthday / shopping by title Shoe Shopping. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/04/shoe-shopping.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Shoe Shopping Updated at : 3:38 PM
Monday, April 9, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top