0
Yesterday I celebrated my 28th birthday.  Overall, the day itself was great.  While I did work, I was able to work at home and that helped make the day a little more enjoyable.  I'm trying to conserve my vacation time for an upcoming trip.....one of the wedding-sorts.  To an island.  In the Caribbean.  I cannot wait!

Anyhow, the day started off great from the get-go.  Joel arrived home from work that morning with Starbucks in hand.  He also presented me with my birthday gift right away.




It looks just like regular yellow gold, but it's actually rose gold.  I love rose gold now more than ever, especially because my engagement ring is rose gold, and so are two other pieces of special jewelry I have.  This very same watch was going to be a weight loss reward, so I'll just have to figure out something else to get for that goal instead.  Shouldn't be a problem! :) 

And even though I already met my minimum exercise for the week, I decided to take my lunch hour and do 40 minutes on the elliptical.  Why not start off year 28 with one of the best things I can do for my body and soul?  I'm a member at Gold's, and they sent me a birthday email with a coupon for 25% off an item in their shop and a free bottle of water.  When I signed in yesterday, the computer told me Happy Birthday, which made my day... it truly is all about the little things in life!

blurry pics are the result of taking them while
on the elliptical!

Not to mention, I need all the exercise I can get.  Last week was a great week for me.  This week.....I've consumed so much sugar it's a wonder I haven't had digestive issues as a result.  I'll just leave it at that... I'm sure no one needs an in-depth account of what goes on there! 

Sometimes my self control amazes me.  I could bake batches of cookies, or be around my most favorite foods, and it doesn't bother me one bit.  Other times, this week being one of them, I cannot stop myself from eating.  Why can't just a taste be enough? 

Birthday/Easter cookies I made for work this week

Birthday week also means lots of eating out.  People at work kindly want to take me to lunch, and Joel & I had dinner at our favorite Japanese/Korean restaurant last night.  I'm taking it one meal at a time at this point.  Just because I've been afforded all of these opportunities to eat out, doesn't mean I need to fully indulge and blow it.    

At Chick Fil A the other day, I got a kid's meal. 


This was JUST the right amount of Chick Fil A to satisfy my chicken desires.  A special thank-you to my friend Meghan who shared this strategy with me.  I just assumed if a kid wasn't present, a restaurant would not serve you a kid's meal.  Not the case with our local Chick Fil A, and I'm so grateful that they allow it!

I used to be able to consume the entire spicy chicken meal from our favorite restaurant (mentioned earlier).  However, now I can only eat about half of it.  That's a plus!  So while I haven't been eating the best things this week per se, I'm also not completely blowing it by eating all of it.

The rest of the week will involve even more birthday celebrations: going to see my favorite movie of all time in 3D (Titanic!), shoe shopping with my friend Margie, and a weekend getaway to tour a somewhat-local brewery.  This is going to end up being an awesome week!

Do you know of any other restaurants that allow the purchase of a kid's meal in lieu of the full adult version? 
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category birthday / Weight Loss Challenges by title Happy 28th Birthday!. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/04/happy-28th-birthday.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Happy 28th Birthday! Updated at : 8:11 AM
Thursday, April 5, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top