0
Back in the day, as in the college days, I used to thrive on Lean Cuisine's and granola bars.  I've had every single granola bar under the sun.  Frankly, just as I got burned out on the LC's (and all frozen meals for that matter), I also got tired of granola bars.  BUT, there is still an "oldie" out there than I still enjoy, but I've added two new ones to that list as well.

1. Kashi/Kellogg's Special K/Luna Granola Bars

My all time favorite "granola" bar is the Kashi TLC Cherry Vanilla.  My mom told me that as a baby one of my favorite Gerber jars was the cherry vanilla flavor.  These Kashi bars are a very close representation of the Gerber days and that is precisely why I love them.  They are 3 PointsPlus each.

 

Next up are the new Special K Granola Bars.  I like these because they're not overly sweet but they're sweet enough and flavorful enough to not taste like cardboard.  I've only tried the dark chocolate (3 PointsPlus) so far and I really like them:


Other Luna bars I've tried taste a little too vitamin-y for me, but I really find the S'mores flavor tasty (5 PointsPlus):



I've grown completely tired of a turkey sandwich.  Again, I've eaten so much of that crap over my lifetime that the thought of another turkey sandwich almost gags me.  I've always been in the mindset that other lunch-meat would just be too high in calories/fat and so I never considered anything else (I don't like ham by the way).

Then I came upon Seltzer's Sweet Lebanon Bologna at my local Giant!!  Man do I LOVE this stuff! Two slices of the bologna is 2 PointsPlus, and that is PLENTY of meat to make for a satisfying sandwich.  Now, I believe Seltzer's is a regional thing, so depending on where you live you may not be able to find this brand in your store.  They are out of Palmyra, PA (go motherland!) and they seem like they're a small operation, but I don't know that for sure.  However, I think Boar's Head seems to be a national meat chain and their Lebanon bologna is comparable in PointsPlus (though not nearly as good!).  If you're on the east coast - request this at your supermarket if you enjoy Lebanon bologna.  Giant stocks mine with the other prepackaged lunch-meats.   

**Update on Seltzer's - you can go here to find out if they sell it in your state.  If not, you can order their products online!**


3. Walks During an Awesome Weather Week!

The weather in Virginia has been absolutely superb all week.  It's so typical of this area - it seems like we'll just skip seasons all together and go straight into the next one.  For example, it's March and we're already seeing temps in the 80s here!  What happened to Spring?!

Uhhhh, can you believe I've done some form of activity almost every single day since Saturday (minus Monday)? I went to the gym on Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday afternoon Joel and I did that walk through the park.  Tuesday night we went for a walk around our neighborhood.  Wednesday and Thursday I had lunch hour walks with Katie and Meghan (thank you ladies!).  All of this activity was almost effortless because it was enjoyable.  When you're walking and talking, you're not thinking about "How much longer do I have to go?".

Katie helped me snag this pic of me and the Washington Monument today - thank you Katherine!


Anything that you're finding exceptionally helpful this week for your own weight loss journey?
These summer temps sure are motivating!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Things I Love by title Things I'm Loving This Week. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/03/things-i-loving-this-week.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Things I'm Loving This Week Updated at : 12:27 PM
Thursday, March 15, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top