0
Here is how my Sunday went:

1. Woke up around 8 AM and decided to hit the gym shortly thereafter.  I had a big day ahead of me and wanted to get my 2nd round of the activity out of the way for the week. - Great job!

2. After the gym, I showered up and got ready to meet with an old friend at Applebees.  I chose there because of the WW menu.  I didn't order off of that menu however.  Instead I ordered from their "Under 550" calories menu, choosing the Signature Sirloin with Garlic Herb Sauce.  Turns out that Applebees no longer serves the WW shrimp skewers I used to order.  Overall, this wasn't a terrible choice, but it did clock in at 13 PointsPlus, which I discovered once I returned home {there were WW dishes on there for that much too!}. - Unprepared.


3.  Even after that steak and potatoes meal, I was still hungry when I came home.  I have no idea why.  I drank 3 glasses of unsweetened iced tea at the restaurant, and downed a glass of water when I got home, and I was still hungry.  And this is where the downfall begins... - Unprepared with better alternatives and ravenous/stressed out as a result.

It is almost as if once I tell myself I have to really stay on track when a social event occurs, I inevitably do the exact opposite.  I place so much emphasis on it, I fail.  I panic, and then I start to eat.  I had set myself up for success on Sunday, going to the gym early, picking a decent choice while out to eat, but in the end I failed. {I had already had my "special" meal for the week too - that was on Friday night}.

I know I was worrying about the SB party and the tempting food that would be there.  So I ate before we left.  Stupid.  I never understood this logic about eating before you go to a party.  Supposedly this will prevent you from being "tempted" to eat when you get there because you'll be full.  That does not work for me.  Since when has being "full" ever stopped me before?  I mean, hello - 263.8 lbs?  I didn't get to that point by only eating when I was hungry!

The view outside of their apartment:
Washington Monument & the Pentagon in the foreground

But I tried this approach, because I've read about this idea time and time again in magazines and have heard it on TV {I've tried this in the past without success too}.  This is why I wrote that post last week about the gym.  The same logic applies here:  no matter how many studies say this, that and the other, I have to know Hilary and how Hilary operates in given situations.  Despite how many studies say that eating before going to a social event will curb my appetite, it won't.  In fact, it was all I could do to NOT think about food.  All I wanted was to eat.

Joel made wings and I made meatballs  {plus the Hungry Girl Pigs in a Blanket}.  I had 1 wing and 1 turkey meatball {appetizer size, not baseball size}.  Then I ate a ton of broccoli.  Then people started making comments about how I wasn't gorging myself like the rest of them.  Ugh.  I don't like to draw attention to myself with food.  At. All.  So then I went back for more food {even though I was pretty much out of Points for the day by the time we got to the party}, and I got a few more of those Hungry Girl Pigs in a Blanket.  None of this looks bad in black and white, and really it wasn't bad and I should've just stopped there, but I didn't because at the time I was entering in to the "I'm blowing it" mindset.

Another view from their apartment:
The Airforce Memorial & the Arlington National Cemetery (background)
Then we made an even more brilliant move and we took food home with us.  UGH.  I had fudge & pizza before this gorge-fest ended.  Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I could speculate all I want to as to how to have redone Super Bowl Sunday.  But the bottom line is this: I need to do what I know is right for Hilary.  Not what a million and one studies say because clearly those studies must apply to every single person out there.  No.  I know what works for me and what makes me successful.  I definitely ate out of boredom at the party, and that's another problem that needs to be reckoned with.  Still, I also know I could've planned things better if I would've just really listened to myself instead of doing what "they" say to do. 

Right now I feel like I've undone all of the success from last week, and it sucks.  I'm not out of the 230s {I got on the scale Tuesday morning}, but the numbers are creeping back up, instead of back down.

How did you make it through Super Bowl Sunday?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Random Weight Loss Thoughts / Weight Loss Challenges by title Super Bowl Sunday. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/02/super-bowl-sunday.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Super Bowl Sunday Updated at : 8:01 AM
Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top