0
Sometimes there are just no words. Given that I tend to be such a "chatty Cathy" at times, this might seem unimaginable to those who really know me.  I'm going to try to find the words though.

I once said that if I could accomplish my weight loss goals, I could accomplish anything life threw at me.  I would know that I had the perseverance necessary to get through anything at all.  It's a really hard journey for us at times... losing weight.  It takes hard work, dedication, heart, self love, discipline, focus, and most importantly, time.   

When things don't go the way we want them to when we want them to, those are the most important times for us on this journey.  Afterall, when things are going well, there is nothing to worry about right?   Our character isn't being challenged.  But when we hit those stumbling blocks along the way, we need to know that we will get through it eventually.  It is during those times that our character is being developed.  Do we choose to react to our emotions, and eat away the pain of our current problem{s}, in other words, do what we've always done?  Or do we choose to be positive and know that in God's bigger plan for us is something better - a bigger loss next week, perhaps, if we stay obedient to the plan we've been asked to follow.

We didn't put on The Big Weight over night, so the troubles are not going to go away over night either.  Still, we have to really work at achieving what we want and when challenges come along, as they always will, we need to face them head on.  We need not run away.  We need not get angry.  We need not feel hopeless.

Someday The Big Weight will be no more.

Someday I will look back and say instead:
 "It wasn't weight loss that was my greatest accomplishment in life.  It was that after having my heart broken into a million pieces by someone whom I trusted would never do that, I still managed to put a smile on my face and trust in God that it would get better.......and it did!" 

That will make me unstoppable.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Inspiration by title Persevering. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/02/persevering.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Persevering Updated at : 12:20 PM
Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top