0
I want to wish you and your loved one{s} a very Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope you're enjoying this day that is dedicated to love - why not have a holiday dedicated to one of God's most wonderful gifts?

I know some people do not enjoy this love-inspired day, but I do!  I love it, and I loved it even when I was single.

Thanks to Pinterest, there are endless ideas for days like today.

Joel's breakfast from Saturday

I really enjoy doing things for others, especially when I can put something together for them that is both something I know they'll like, but also allows me to exercise my creative muscles.


Joel surprisingly doesn't mind wearing boxers that have hearts on them.  Every year I buy him v-day themed undies and he always wears them throughout the entire year.  {I almost always get them at Target - they always have cute ones!} 

By the way, could there be a better gift for a fisherman on Valentine's Day?



Then there are these cuties.


And friends, that's as far as it goes with these mini Weight Watchers Red Velvet Cupcakes {from the January 2012 issue}.  They sucked! Whole wheat flour really doesn't cut it when you're trying to achieve the goodness that is red velvet.  I think Joel said it well: "They taste like bread."


Now this little gem on the other hand.... perfecto!


Adapted from the Better Homes & Gardens Breast Cancer cookbook {and tweaked with advice from my gynecologist, who moonlights as a professional pastry chef!},  this Red Waldorf Cake was both dense and moist.  This is the same cake I made at Christmas time, but that one was fairly dry.  After talking with my doctor, she informed me that red velvet is a tricky cake for which to achieve perfect moistness. But I'm proud to say I did.  This time I baked these in mini-heart shaped spring-form pans purchased at Target. The same batter used to make the previous cake, also made six personal heart-shaped cakes as well {taken to a friend's house for a dinner date}.  By the way, this cake is named Red Waldorf Cake because the Waldorf-Astoria hotel were the creators of what we know today as Red Velvet Cake.

Divine.

How About That Weight Loss?


I had another successful weigh in last Friday, removing another 0.7 lbs for a total loss of 28.6 lbs!  Very exciting!

It took a while to receive my goal "prizes" from the previous weigh in, but alas, they came!


 She's really getting filled up.


The Penn State one and the bead immediately to the right of it are the two new ones.   I love them both, and I'm so proud to be displaying my Alma Mater as part of my weight loss journey.  We are tough cookies, us Pennsylvanians :).  That is what the Penn State charm represents. 

The jewelry hanger is proving to be an AMAZING purchase.  I should have taken a before picture of my dresser - it was a nightmare of tangled necklaces.


Not now!  Thanks to that little Etsy shop for this perfect jewelery organizer!

notice how some earrings don't have their mate.  Thank YOU Charles!
I absolutely love this weight loss award.


Other than all that, I'm still chugging away at school {again, why my posts are lacking!} and trying not to indulge too much in the V-day goodness.  As of today, I've only completed 1/2 workouts for the week.  While I don't like to let it go this long into the week, I had a very packed weekend and zero time to squeeze in both gym visits.  I plan to go either Wednesday or Thursday. 

Happy Lovey-Love Day!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Better Homes and Gardens Breast Cancer Cookbook / goals / Inspiration / Success / Valentine's Day by title Happy Valentine's Day!. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/02/happy-valentine-day.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Happy Valentine's Day! Updated at : 2:21 PM
Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top