0
I really want 2012 to be THEE year that I achieve some strong weight loss goals.  While I would love to reach my ultimate goal weight of 165, I still want to be realistic.  After all, I'm gonna have a lot going on this year!

Not only am I planning our wedding, but I'm about to begin my 4th semester of pre-nursing school on Tuesday.  On one hand, this seems stressful at first glance, but when I really think about it, it's actually exciting.   By May, I'll be that much closer to pursuing my dream career, and by October, I will be a married woman!

I'm sure these guys are going to OWN me before it's all said & done too!
Mixed into that equation will continue to be my successful journey on Weight Watchers.  Though, I cannot just make that statement and magically expect to achieve my goal of 190 lbs. (Man, do I wish it were that simple!)

A few weeks ago at a WW meeting, my leader handed out the Winning Outcomes pamphlet.


This pamphlet talks about the power of goal setting (perfect for all NYR makers!) as well as how to make clear, obtainable goals for yourself.

Weight Watchers wants you to plan ahead in order to achieve your goals.  They give you 3 strategies to help you do this: 

1. Use Weight Watchers Tools for Living: Winning Outcomes
"Winning Outcomes" is basically WW's fancy way of referring to a "goal".  And listen, even if you're not on WW, it doesn't matter!  There is absolutely no PointsPlus tracking involved in ironing out your goal(s), whatever they may be.  When stating your Winning Outcome, WW advises you to:



  • Positively state it. I want to weigh 190 lbs by October 6, 2012. (as opposed to "I don't want to be overweight anymore.")
  • Be very specific. I'm going to achieve this goal by committing to exercise 2 days per week, as well as staying within my Daily PointsPlus Target 5 of the 7 days (DPT).
  • Have the goal be within your control. I don't have to rely on anyone else but myself to achieve this goal.
  • It must be a good fit with your life.  Stating, for instance: "I will exercise every single day for 3 hours each day 5 days a week."  I don't have that kind of time, and I'd venture to say most of you don't as well.
2. Use Weight Watchers Tools for Living: Storyboarding Now that you have your Winning Outcome defined, how do you plan to achieve it or what is going to help you achieve it?  Tell me your story:
    I plan to reach 190 lbs by October 6, 2012 by committing to meal planning every week.  I will plan for 2 weeks at a time, utilizing the Friday I have off every other week to do this.  My exercise plan will go as follows:
    • January/February: 2 days per week at the gym for at least 35 minutes
    • March/April: 3 days of activity per week - 2 at the gym, 1 at home (at least 35 minutes)
    • May/June/July/August/September: 4 days of activity per week - 2 at the gym (varying workouts), 2 at home (varying workouts) (at least 35 minutes)
    Anything beyond the stated exercise goals above will be a bonus! I am going to allow one day per week to eat out (NOT including Mon-Thurs), but still be mindful of what I'm eating at the restaurant.  Additionally, Starbucks is no more Mon-Fri! 
     
    3. Reward Yourself All Along the Way.
    I certainly don't have a problem doing this!  But really, I quickly gravitated away from food rewards, because it became detrimental quickly.  "Yes! I had a loss at WW tonight.  Hey Joel - let's go gorge ourselves at XYZ restaurant to celebrate!"  No more.  The non-food rewards are SO much better, not to mention long lasting.  I get to see the results of my weight loss success daily, thanks to my bracelet.

    Also, feel free to use my Goals as a guideline for your own, but by no means compare what you're capable of getting yourself to what I am (not that I'm a baller, but if you have the same idea as the Pandora, for instance - that crap is expensive!  They make comparable bracelets that are just as nice and MUCH more affordable).  I'm a 27 year old girl with no kids and a fulltime job.  If you're not in that boat, then reward yourself with smaller, less expensive rewards.  Any kind of makeup item would be a good start here (I <3 nailpolish!!), or a new book, slippers and/or pajamas for your shrinking bod, a new top... the inexpensive ideas are really endless.  Just do SOMETHING.  Working toward these SMALL goals (i.e. 5 pounds at a time) has made ALLLLLL the difference for me!

    For the fellow WW, have any of you filled out this pamphlet?  What is your story(boarding) on how you're going to make your big goal this year? Share, share, share - it can only help us all!

    Advertisement
    You have just read the article News for today's that category goals / Storyboarding / Tools for Living / Weight Watcher Pamphlets / Weight Watchers / Winning Outcomes by title Winning Outcomes. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/01/winning-outcomes.html. Thank you!
    Posted by: Tukiyooo Winning Outcomes Updated at : 10:52 AM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012

    Post a Comment

     
    Top