0
1.  2 New Coffee Mugs

I received two new coffee mugs for Christmas and both are awesome!  One came from my niece, Grace.


The other came from my young cousin, Brice.


These have already proved amazing for sipping my morning tea with a 1/4 cup of half and half (2 Points+) or what is left of my pumpkin spice coffee from Trader Joe's... with an 1/8 cup of half and half  (1 Points+)!

2.  Zipfizz in Grape and Orange
While my parents were visiting last week, my mom and I went to Wal-Mart to pick up some groceries and stumbled upon this gem.


They were actually part of a product promotion, so we got to try them right away.  They're called Zipfizz and they are marketed as an all-natural healthy energy drink.  There are 3 tubes to each box.  There are just 10 calories in each tube and 0 grams of sugar. 

click for larger size

So far I've only had the orange and grape because this is all that my Wal-Mart carries.  However, they come in other flavors that sound equally delicious:

Courtesy of Zipfizz website

Other than the flavor, which I think tastes great, the thing I love most about them is that they are somewhat similar to drinking a pop (or soda for the rest of yinz ;) ) because they offer this fizzy flavor.  The only pop I care to drink on a regular basis is Cherry Coke or Wild Cherry Pepsi mixed with Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi (1/4 cherry to 3/4 diet).  But there are still more calories in my concoction of pop than there are in the Zipfizz.  It totally satisfies my craving for a pop, and that is a major win for me!


All you do is pour the tube into a 16-20 oz bottle of water and shake it.  A word to the wise on this... you must do it quickly or it will fizz out of the bottle!  OR, better yet, drink a little bit of the water first to give yourself enough room at the top so you can easily pour it in without concern.  The only other thing I want to say about this is when I went back to Wal-Mart to buy more, I had a small challenge finding them.  I first checked where the Crystal Light stuff is shelved but they were not there.  Of course I was immediately concerned that Wal-Mart didn't have them in stock, but then I tried the coffee aisle (since they are marketed as energy) and still no luck.  Finally I found them over near the pharmacy with the Slim Fast/Atkins/Ensure/whatever else energy drinks.  Voila!

The deal breaker for you may be the cost... they are $4 and some change per box, which I thought was a little pricey for just 3 tubes.  Zipfizz, if you're reading this, please offer my readers a giveaway :).  They MUST try this!

3. Hamilton Beach Waffle Iron
I ended up with this waffle iron over Christmas when I learned that my sister was receiving one from her inlaws as well. 


So far I've used it twice (purchased from walmart.com for $14 on sale in December... it's now $19.28 but isn't available online currently) and made Weight Watcher's Buttermilk Whole Wheat Waffles (5 Points+) from their New Complete Cookbook.  This is the first time I've ever had homemade waffles and they are sooooo much better than the frozen variety from Kellogg's.  The waffle iron is so simple to use... $14 well spent! 


Do you own a waffle iron?
 
4. Hungry Girl Krispymallow Treats
I had an entire box of Rice Krispies left over from Paula Deen's Christmas Cookies and decided to use those up to make this recipe.  I thought these were a phenomenal substitute to the traditional Rice Krispy Treats.


The bonus is that you get some added fiber in there from the Fiber One cereal, but the marshmallow and Rice Krispies overpower the Fiber One... still allowing them to taste great.  The recipe says it serves 25, but I had a hard time cutting up the 9x13 dish into just 25 squares (that would be REALLY small and 1 Points+ each).  I cut mine into 18 squares and came to a Points+ value of 2.. still not bad and a nicer size of a serving!  Have you had this version before?

Any particular things you're loving this week?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Things I Love / Weight Loss Products by title Things I'm Loving This Week. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2012/01/things-i-loving-this-week_6.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Things I'm Loving This Week Updated at : 8:45 AM
Friday, January 6, 2012

Post a Comment

 
Top