0
I knew this weekend was going to prove challenging when it was going to be focused around food!  Alas, I have already blown one of my weekly goals, and so I'm hoping I can somewhat redeem myself for the remaining 4 days I have left in my WW week.

But wait!  What happened, you might ask?

Half Success
Saturday I had lunch with some lovely ladies at a local and delicious restaurant called Carlyle.  I had a grilled chicken sandwich with french fries.  I ate half of the sandwich and only a few fries (they were shoe string fries too).  I considered this a huge success.  I even planned to take half of it with me, but forgot the box at the table when we left.  It was probably better that way anyhow!  Then I didn't have to feel obligated to eat the leftovers. 

After that, I headed to a friend's house to visit.  Her and her husband just bought a house and so we hung out Saturday evening.  I had dinner there and tried to be modest with my eating as much as possible.  Still, I went over my daily Points+ for Saturday.

Failure Begins
Sunday was the big cookie exchange.  Could there be a worse event for a Weight Watcher?

The tempting spread... and this didn't even include the appetizers

*sigh*  

I spent all day Sunday baking two separate types of cookies, as well as an appetizer (recipes to come for all). 
Hungry Girl Fiesta Bites - 1 Points+ each
I made Fudgy Cappuccino Crinkles (1 Points+ each) from the breast cancer Better Homes & Gardens cookbook.


You can kind of see them in the lower left hand corner of the bowl.

I also made Meemaw's Kitchen Sink Christmas Cookies from the Deen Family cookbook (3 Points+ each).


They had a million things in them!  But everything I made was sooooo good!

Still, as you might imagine, it didn't end well.  Remember how I told the host that I wouldn't be taking any cookies home?  I knew that I would be interrogated by the ladies for why I wasn't taking cookies (that is the entire point to this, afterall!), and I didn't feel like fielding questions.  I'm still not crazy about sharing my journey with others.  I sampled several (or a million - who's counting?!) cookies.  Still, I brought that entire cookie bag to work today and let those people go at it.   At least that's good right? 

I kept a few favorites and hid them in the back of my pantry, like these babies:
 
Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies - kind of taste like
Girl Scouts Thin Mints

Out of site, out of mind... I hope?! 

How was your weekend?  Do you participate in a cookie exchange (or something similar) during the holidays?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weekend Recap by title Weekend Recap. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/12/weekend-recap.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Weekend Recap Updated at : 11:02 AM
Monday, December 5, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top