0
Boy those weekends come and go before ya know it!

Friday night after work, I ran over to the National Harbor to pick up my new Pandora charm.  I went with a glass bead, though the other one will be a purchase in the near future no doubt.


I have yet to purchase the VB bag.  I feel guilty dropping so much money on myself this time of year, when I should be getting Christmas gifts for others.  And then there's that little old wedding I have to pay for too.

Speaking of weddings, we checked out a venue on Saturday in St Mary's City, MD.  It's on the campus of St Mary's College.

State House
The place doesn't have a great website to show you pictures, but it's really nice if you can use your imagination.  The State House will be where the cocktail hour and cake will most likely take place.  Guests will enter the ceremony site through this building.  It's rather rustic inside.  Outside, directly in front of the building, will be where the ceremony will take place.  It overlooks the St Mary's River, which ultimately dumps into the Chesapeake Bay.  The reception will be held outdoors in a tent to the right of the building.  We have penciled in the State House as our venue (pending responses from other venues).  The date is tentatively October 6, 2012!  Unbelievable, still, for me to imagine that by this time next year I will be married!!  I really think this is the place!

After wedding venue shopping, I wanted to get our pictures taken for our Christmas card. 

It was absolutely freezing cold along the water... and VERY windy!  This shot is along Piscataway Creek in Joel's hometown in Maryland.


Some people in this picture were not pleased with the cheesiness that was the handmade heart.
Then we crossed the river back in to Virginia to try out the park near our condo.


It was so much warmer over there with the trees shrouding our picture taking frenzy.


I'm such an amateur photographer, but it's something I really like doing and want to do more of.  I love capturing a perfect moment of a human being - I'm not so much about landscapes.


We ended our lovely weekend with a Sunday road trip to Fredericksburg, VA to pick up a case of Joel's much loved wine, Rappahannock Red from Hartwood Winery.  I love wine so much - it really helps ease the tension of a day at work.

I've been doing MUCH BETTER at staying On Plan this week than last.  Despite all the travels we did this weekend, I've still stayed within my daily target two days so far and have not surpassed my Weekly Points+ allowance yet (and it's Tuesday!).  Usually by now I would have blown through the WP.  I currently have a balance of 15 - which is great considering I'm only allowing myself 39 this week, instead of 49.  So I technically have more left but I'm going to forget I even typed that ;).  I've also hit the gym twice this week, earning 8 of the planned 14 Activity Points.  So far, I'm setting myself up for what should be a successful week. 

How was your weekend?  How has your "healthy eating" week been progressing so far?

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category wedding / Weekend Recap by title Weekend Recap (1 Day Late). You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/12/weekend-recap-1-day-late.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Weekend Recap (1 Day Late) Updated at : 4:47 PM
Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top