0
Back in 2009, Joel and I took our first vacation to Niagara Falls, ON. 

The Canadian Falls (aka "Horseshoe Falls")
American Falls
Have you ever been there?  I LOVED it! 

Maid of the Mist

Canada was a lot like Pennsylvania (what I deem "The Motherland").  It had mild summer temperatures (we were there in mid-July) and the people were sooooo incredibly nice.  Even just outside the huge tourist attraction that are the great and glorious Falls, sprawling farmland was abundant, including many-a-vineyard :). 


This was all a welcome change compared to what we're used to here in our nation's capital.


I took full advantage of Frommer's guide to Niagara Falls (just like with Savannah) and we hit up as many places on the Niagara escarpment as possible. 
Lamp posts in Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
One place we ventured to was St. Catharines, which had a Made in Canada store.  I like to buy locally when on travel - please do not give me anything that says Canada on the front but says "Made in China" on the bottom.  The store had a jewelry section complete with diamond jewelry (ICE 925 was the company/brand) that originated from the northern parts of Canada.  Well, an avid lover of jewelery, I LOVED this concept, and I immediately said to Joel, "If we ever get married some day, I want my ring to come from Canada."

And that's just what he did :).


It's hard to determine from the pictures above, but the ring is actually pink gold.  I love pink, and I love gold and this marks the second pink gold ring Joel has bought me - the first one being a diamond band I received for Christmas a few years ago. 

I love this ring more and more each day, and I'm so happy and honored to be wearing this beauty for the rest of my life!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category wedding by title The Ring. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/11/the-ring.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo The Ring Updated at : 10:49 AM
Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top