0
Thank you all for the "congrats" on Monday's post :).   I'm still getting used to seeing that beauty on my finger, as well as absorbing the fact that I am engaged.  I just never imagined it would happen this soon! 

It's time to kick this weight loss effort in to high gear!  I thought I would have more time to remove the The Big Weight, but alas, it looks like I have about 11 months to get close to my goal.  Of course I would love to reach my goal of 165 lbs, but at this point I just want to get as close to it as possible.  I know it's possible to do this, and I cannot get married looking like this



So many people have asked how it happened, as well as the story behind the ring.  So here is the detailed version of the proposal:

As I was cleaning up the ornament boxes after having just decorated our tree, I noticed this one box that I hadn't seen before.  I actually opened it up and I said to Joel, "Where did this come from?"  He said he didn't know, but it was actually a little jewelry box.  I thought nothing of it, thinking it was from a gift I received last year, and I quickly packed it away back into the Christmas box.  This is where I messed up his plan :).  He was going to use that box as a segue to give me the ring, stating that he got me an additional "special" ornament, and once I would open the box, he would then hand me the ring (because, after all, it was empty).  However, given my swift moves at cleaning up, he panicked and decided instead to drop it into the champagne glass.  Joel got us our glasses and proposed a toast... to our new Christmas tradition, and to our love.  We said "Cheers!" and I quickly brought the glass up to my lips, only to have Joel abruptly push it back down.  Then he told me to look in the glass, and then I just burst into tears.  I was so overcome with emotion (and I'm not really that kind of girl either!).  I wouldn't have had it any other way! :) Thank you so much Joel for one of the best surprises EVER!!  I Love You JJ!

Do you have any wedding planning tips for me?  Specifically, right now I am working on the guest list, and it started with 240 people and I have successfully whittled it down to 172.  It is so difficult!  Please, share your wedding planning tips and tricks with me :).  I need as much help as I can get!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category wedding by title The Proposal. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/11/the-proposal.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo The Proposal Updated at : 7:17 AM
Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top