0
I picked up my new Pandora bracelet on Saturday in lieu of achieving another weight loss goal.  This bracelet has been a long time coming, and I'm so excited to have finally purchased it.  My original plan was to get a charm for every 5 lbs goal I meet, starting with the most recent one.  However, there are two other 5 lbs goals I met and I would love a charm to represent those first two achievements as well - as a clear reminder as to how far I've come.  I'll be on the lookout for two more charms in the coming weeks for sure.

What do you think of these?

Bead Cross W And Cz

Bead Tea Pot
Inner Strength
I will probably go with the first 2, but I'll have to see them in person to make the decision!

After selecting the specific Pandora bracelet style (a sterling silver one with the Pandora clasp), I moved on to the decision of what to get for my very first charm.  This charm was going to be very meaningful for me on so many levels.  Not only would this represent my having lost over 15 lbs so far, but it was going to serve as a reminder to me as to why I'm doing this journey.


the "Pandora" clasp
You see, on Wednesday, November 9, my family and I will be honoring the life of my grandmother, Clara Mabel, as we mark the one year anniversary since her death.  Earlier this year, I shared how seeing her in the hospital last November, suffering from cancer and a host of other illnesses, made it abundantly clear to me that I needed to make a life change now while I was fully capable.  The same week my grandmother passed away, I joined the local gym.

Now, almost a year later, I am happy to say that I haven't given up on this journey, despite the slow rate of weight loss I've experienced.    

It was my grandmother who inspired me to do this once and for all, and I know she would be especially proud of me today for removing these 16 lbs.  It's not an easy journey.  She knew that just as well as the rest of us Weight Watchers.

And so my first charm had to be representative of her.  Something that I could glance at and immediately know, "Yes, that is the first charm I bought on this weight loss journey.  That is the one that honors Grandma."

I chose a sterling silver flower with a purple amethyst stone in the center.  Purple was her favorite color.  The charm is perfect!

And while we were in the store, Joel liked the idea of the bracelet so much that he also bought me a charm.  I know not many of you know Joel personally, but if you do, you can imagine which one he picked :).


I'm so pleased with my Pandora bracelet, and would strongly recommend it as a great tool to showcase your weight loss, if to no one else but yourself!  It is a constant visual reminder as to how far I've come (and will be even more so once I add those two additional charms).  Not only that, but I don't want to reverse the progress I've made, and so when I'm craving a snack size Reese Peanut Butter pumpkin, all I have to do is glance down at the bracelet and it forces me to ask myself, "Is it really worth it?". It is quite a large investment up front (the bracelet itself was $65, the flower charm $75, and the 2 clips were $35 each), but after that initial upfront cost, charms vary in price enough that they can be (somewhat) affordable (as low as $30 that I've seen). 

How do you put your weight loss efforts into perspective?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category goals / Weight Loss / Weight Watchers by title Pandora Bracelet. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/11/pandora-bracelet.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Pandora Bracelet Updated at : 4:50 PM
Monday, November 7, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top