0
I've been trying to cook my way through all of the cookbooks I own.  I have a lot!  So this morning, when deciding on what to make for breakfast, I chose Hungry Girl's Jammed with Cheese Stuffed French Toast.

I have to admit that I was a little weary on how this may taste, since the recipe calls for the Laughing Cow Light Cheese Wedges, rather than traditional cream cheese.  In fact, she even states in the book that she tried this recipe using both ingredients, and Laughing Cow won!

This recipe was delicious!  I love the stuffed french toast that I-Hop offers, and this dish perfectly satisfied that craving many times over.  Plus, I believe that when I'm eating a more health-conscious version of my favorite food, sometimes that alone makes it taste even better knowing that I'm not sabotaging all of my daily Points+ on just one food.   

Some notes on this recipe:
First, if you follow it exactly how Hungry Girl advises, the recipe comes out to 7 Points+.  However, I made modifications based on what I had on hand, so mine calculated higher.  My variation  also does not account for the pancake syrup (mine was 3 Points+).  Also, bear in mind that you will not use all of the egg wash, so when calculating the Points+, I estimated that I only used 1/4 cup of the egg wash (which is still probably way more than what was used, but I definitely did not consume all 1/2 cup - you'll see!).

Without further adieu:


Hungry Girl's Jammed with Cheese Stuffed French Toast - 8 Points+
Ingredients:
  •     1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute
  •     1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  •     1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  •     2 slices light white bread (I used Martin's Whole Wheat Potato Bread)
  •     1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese
  •     2 tablespoons sugar-free strawberry preserves (I used Polaner's All Fruit with Fiber Strawberry)
  •     2 teaspoons light whipped butter or light buttery spread (I used Best Life Buttery Spread)
  •     1/4 cup sugar-free pancake syrup (my Points+ does not account for this)


Preparation

Mix egg substitute with cinnamon and vanilla extract in a bowl. Transfer to a small plate and set aside.

Lay bread slices on a clean dry surface and spread half of the cheese wedge on each slice. Spread preserves over 1 slice of bread, and place the other slice on top with the cheese-side down. Press gently to seal.

Bring a skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add butter and allow it to coat the bottom of the skillet. Meanwhile, evenly coat both sides of your sandwich with egg mixture. Coat the sides of the sandwich as well. (You won't need to use all of the egg mixture.)

Place sandwich in the skillet and cook for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. Serve with syrup for dipping and enjoy!

Makes 1 Serving
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weight Watcher Recipes by title Hungry Girl: Jammed with Cheese Stuffed French Toast. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/11/hungry-girl-jammed-with-cheese-stuffed.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Hungry Girl: Jammed with Cheese Stuffed French Toast Updated at : 7:23 AM
Friday, November 18, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top