0
I'm in Philadelphia this week for work, hence the lack of a post until now!  The days have been long, starting training at 7:30 AM and ending around 6 PM.  By the time I'm out of the training, and I do my gym workout and shower, it's already 7:30 PM.  I was pretty tired last night and could not muster the energy to write a post, much less even pick up the computer.
Hello City of Brotherly Love!
Like most days, my morning on Monday started off on the right foot.  I ate conscientiously for breakfast, but by the time lunch rolled around, I was ravenous and hungry and ready to consume everything in site.  Lunch was buffet style and I had a small piece of chorizo sausage, about half of a chicken breast, and some (I estimate a cup to a cup and a half) tortellini in vodka sauce.  Then I had a cannolli.  And then I had cookies on our afternoon break.  And the day continued to unravel just. like. that. 

My first problem was I didn't have smart snacks.  I bought 2 items in the hotel snack area which weren't terrible (peanut butter crackers that were 5 Points+ and a Glenny's fruit/nut bar), but they weren't enough for me - I wanted more because I felt hungry, but then by afternoon I just wanted to plain eat out of boredom, and naturally I wanted sweets.

Though yesterday wasn't a total wash in the health realm.  If I can't get it together with eating right, then I can most definitely get in some exercise without an excuse!  So I headed to the workout room and did 32 minutes on the elliptical and then the last week in Stage 1 of the NROLFW.  I was really proud of myself for not making excuses while on travel to not exercise.  I needed it - the day was long and full of sitting!   I also made sure to drink plenty of water yesterday and today.  I know that a year ago, I would not have even considered exercising while on travel. 

Today, despite good intentions and better snacks (I made a trip to Target last night), I still managed to bomb.  Again, I started off well, and I even maneuvered lunch time a lot better - resisting 3 enticing desserts, 2 of which were chocolate.  Still, I got bored and I ate.  I actually left the session an hour early today - many of us did - we were just a little annoyed and burnt out from the long days.  So, I went to the gym and did the elliptical for just over 50 minutes. 

Tomorrow I go home, but the challenges don't end there.  Wednesday is Joel's birthday, and we are going out for dinner to the Cheesecake Factory.  Then Friday we leave for a wedding in Charlotte, NC. 

I've had enough "eating out" for awhile.  I just want a nice, healthy, home-cooked meal that falls within my Points+ range comfortably. 

What are your healthy eating strategies when traveling?

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weight Loss Challenges by title Traveling + Eating Healthy = Not Happening. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/10/traveling-eating-healthy-not-happening.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Traveling + Eating Healthy = Not Happening Updated at : 5:20 PM
Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top