0
I am definitely one of those people who struggle with the "all or nothing" mentality when it comes to weight loss.  I'm trying to get better at it, but I still get discouraged at times.  If I don't get my "week" started off on the right foot (my WW week starts on Friday), it just ends up cascading into weight loss doom for the remainder of the week.  I'm never quite able to fully get myself back on track.  I find it especially difficult when my weekend is spent away from home and my eating habits are not great as a result.  This is exactly where I'm sitting right now - a day and a half left in my "week" and I haven't been able to get it together since we left for camping last Friday.  Ugh!
that's me in the middle with the PSU gear :)
I love spending time outdoors, away from technology and televisions and the temptation to just go shopping when I'm bored.  However, it is kind of complicated to be a Weight Watcher and go camping.  It involves a lot of food planning.  I learned the methodology for Joel's group when they go camping is that everyone is responsible for making a meal.   This immediately throws red flags for me because I know none of those people are doing Weight Watchers.  I knew they would bring full-fat hot dogs, chips, other unhealthy snacks, pork sausage for breakfast, etc etc (my suspicions were correct btw).  And so, I brought a lot of WW friendly snacks, with 1 meal being completely WW friendly because it was our assigned meal - lunch - which was Hebrew National 97% fat free hot dogs with pretzel crisps.  Still, veggies that I actually liked were cooked, and I was able to pull off the skin from the chicken that was roasted over the fire.  I did the best I could with what I had.

Still, that doesn't stop the food pushers from taking aim at me.  Food pushing, a term from Beck, means that people will not accept no for an answer when it comes to serving food.  They persistently try pushing food on you, even though you decline multiple times with valid excuses ("I'm not hungry." "I don't like it". etc) 

For instance, the guys caught some fish from the bay this past weekend, and were absolutely insisting that I eat it.  I love fish and seafood.  However, I don't like to find bones in my fish while eating it (it gags me), and even Joel's brother admitted that he definitely did not filet the fish as best as he could.  But still, one of the other guys kept on me about eating it and was giving me a hard time because I wasn't eating like everyone else was.  In fact, I wasn't eating at all because I wasn't hungry (most likely because I had 2 smores and about 5 marshmallows well before the men came back from fishing.  Of course, this is because I was hungry at that time - I had already eaten 2 of my hotdogs that day and could not choke down another for dinner.  Not a great choice at all for dinner - the smores - but it curbed the hunger none the less).  I, at first, try to be kind and politely refuse it.  But it makes me angry after awhile.  How do you really benefit from me eating something?  It makes no sense.

I'm always looking forward to my Friday to start fresh, but this weekend we are traveling to my sister's house where eating out is a standard.

How do you guys deal with situations like this?  Do you do a full out meal plan for yourself for those 3 days (Fri-Sun) or do you try to wing it?  Please help!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title Being a Weight Watcher While Camping. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/10/being-weight-watcher-while-camping.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Being a Weight Watcher While Camping Updated at : 9:39 AM
Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top