0
I appreciate all of your advice and encouragement on my breakdown post.   Some of you stated that I am too hard on myself, and on one hand I know that I am my own worst critic.  On the other hand, I know I cannot continue to make excuses for myself for the rest of my life - I have to get my butt in gear if I want to enjoy what is left of my 20s!

Onward to more happy things, shall we?

On Sunday evening, after Joel and I drove the 7.5 hours back from Charlotte, we decided to take a stroll through a nearby park that we've been meaning to check out.  A walk through a park is much more enjoyable than 45 minutes spent on the elliptical, wouldn't you say? 

The park offered nice, leisurely walking paths through the woods, allowing us to forget that we really live in a major metropolitan area (score!).


Though Joel was a little unhappy when we came upon the marshland to find out that they do not allow fishing.


Even so, this deck was so nicely built and well maintained.  It was clean and clear of debris, and while walking through the marsh, it confirmed our suspicions as to where all those mosquitoes are coming from!  We pretty much cannot step out our front door without getting bit (our condo's property lines the perimeter of this park).


You can also see that here in the northern part of Virginia, our leaves are just now starting to change colors.  I just love the fall :).


We really enjoyed ourselves here, and look forward to taking advantage of other area parks before it gets too cold to tolerate the outdoors. 

cat tails are so neat to me, and not just because I <3 Charles so much & they
somewhat remind me of him :)
On Friday, Joel and I are doing a sailing adventure on the Potomac River.  We purchased the tickets for it through a Groupon-type website.  There will surely be more pictures to follow from that!


Tomorrow (Friday) is also Joel and I's official weigh in for our first week on WW.  We started together officially on Monday, and so our weigh in week this week is short.  However, after tomorrow, we will be weighing in weekly on Friday's. 

Have a great weekend!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Exercise / Miscellaneous by title A Walk Through the Park. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/10/a-walk-through-park.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo A Walk Through the Park Updated at : 5:12 PM
Thursday, October 13, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top