0
Joel and I had our first weigh in on Friday.  Here is how it panned out:


Joel (6'): 230.2
Hilary (5'8"): 252.8
 
We both won this week!  I have hit my lowest weight yet since starting this journey.  Joel also did well - dropping around 2 pounds from his starting weight of 232.6.

I had a relatively large loss in one week - close to 5 pounds.  I think that was mainly due to me being sick.  I had been feeling under the weather on Wednesday-Friday of last week, dealing with flu-like symptoms.  I'm not entirely sure what was wrong in the end.  I had a hard time eating and just felt nauseous all day long for several days straight.   That all seems to be in the clear though, because since Saturday I haven't had too tough of a time eating anything :).  

Joel and I had a really busy and fun weekend.  We called it our "Groupon" weekend because we had 2 sets of vouchers that we needed to use up before they expired.  So Friday evening we set out on our first adventure - a 3 hour sailing ride down the Potomac river in Washington, DC.  
 
see the tip of the Washington Monument in the
background?
The captain told us that our trip was only his second one all season where he was actually able to raise the sails.  So what does that tell you?  It was windy!  Not only that, but it was very chilly out on that water, especially after the sun went down.
 

The ride was a neat experience overall.  It's not everyday that you get to see Virginia and DC from the Potomac River's vantage point.  Because it was so windy, we even experienced keeling - when the boat tips from one side to the other.  That was definitely a little scary for me.  I was not trying to include a chilly swim into my evening!   


Joel and I were more than ready for the ride to be over by the time we hit the 2 hour mark.  We were both cold and I had a headache.
 
However, one additional cool experience was that the captain took us under the bridge you see off in the distance in the above picture.  For those not familiar with the DC Metro area, that is the Wilson Bridge and it is part of Interstate 495, the highway that forms a circle around DC - also known as the Capital Beltway.  Also known as a driving nightmare.


Still, this was a great start to a fun-filled adventurous weekend :). 
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category HJ Competition / Miscellaneous / Weight Loss by title 1st Weigh In with Joel. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/10/1st-weigh-in-with-joel.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo 1st Weigh In with Joel Updated at : 1:18 PM
Monday, October 17, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top