0
I have come across 2 situations this week where I was reminded of that question yet again.  I mean, I think about being heavy ALL the time, but this question was kind of spelled out in black and white on 2 separate occasions for me this week.

First, it was at the Weight Watchers meeting on Wednesday night.  When asked that question, most members said they wanted to lose weight for health reasons. 

As part of the Beck Diet Solution, one of the first items we are tasked with is to come up with our reasons for wanting to lose weight. 

Here are 17 of mine in no particular order:

1. Get to wear nicer, age appropriate clothes
2. More confidence, especially at work
3. Healthier - not so sore in the muscles
4. More comfortable in the summer - less sweating
5. Can fit more comfortably in chairs
6. Can do more social activities
7. Joel could pick me up
8. Feel pretty
9. Feel more in control
10. Overall happiness
11. Improved love life
12. Not being self-conscious in a bathing suit
13. Exercise without embarassment
14. More assertive
15. I'll feel that I've accomplished something great
16. Make Joel proud
17. Doing what is right by God - not being gluttonous

Then I came across Jennifer's post on 100 Reasons Thinner is Better.  She has lost close to 100 lbs!  Many of her reasons for why being thinner is better coincide with my reasons for wanting to get rid of these 89 lbs. I especially loved these:


Why do you want to remove the weight?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category goals / Inspiration / Weight Loss / Weight Loss Challenges / Weight Watchers by title Why Do You Want to Lose Weight?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/09/why-do-you-want-to-lose-weight.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Why Do You Want to Lose Weight? Updated at : 6:38 AM
Friday, September 30, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top