0
I guess all that struggling didn't matter after all, because I dropped 1.8 lbs this week, bringing me back closer to my first 10 lbs loss!  I'll take it.

Obviously you saw that this past week was definitely an "off" week for me.  I couldn't get the healthy living thing together.  Yesterday (Friday) I got myself started off on the right foot, however.  Since I missed my usual Wednesday WW meeting, I attended yesterday morning instead.  As it turns out, the lady leading Friday's meeting was the old leader I used to go to 2 years ago.  It's funny how people change in just 2 short years - she looked a lot different (in her clothing & hair style).  But, I was so pleased to discover that she had the Pumpkin Fluff recipe posted on the board at the front of the meeting room.  It was my lucky day!

Why?  Well, I'm going to a party tonight to honor a friend of mine who will be getting married in just a few weeks.  My job was to make a dessert and so I thought I'd make the pumpkin fluff, but I knew I'd have to do some searching for the recipe because I couldn't remember where I put it.  I couldn't remember exactly what the pumpkin fluff was used for either.  All I could remember was the name, and that I wanted to do something fall-inspired.  And low and behold, there was the recipe at the front of the room :).  I will share this recipe with you this week - it is incredibly pumpkiny and so decadent.  I'll be using it as a fruit dip (it's so versatile, you can really use it any way you like) with cut up apples and pears and vanilla wafers.  I'll be sure to take pictures :).

Since I love cooking, and felt like the fruit tray wouldn't be enough of a dessert, I also made an apple crisp, which I will also share the recipe for.  This crisp is meant to serve 12, but I'm going to try to cut it up a little smaller to make more serving sizes as well as a smaller Points+ value per serving.  I cannot wait to try this tonight with some fat free vanilla ice cream on top!

Until the party begins, I'm going to continue cheering on my Nittany Lions who are playing Eastern Michigan today in Happy Valley.  WE ARE!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Loss / Success / Weight Loss by title Weigh In and Weekend Plans. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/09/weigh-in-and-weekend-plans.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Weigh In and Weekend Plans Updated at : 11:10 AM
Saturday, September 24, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top