0
And so Sunday, Monday and Tuesday has progressed terribly as well.  It's not because I've had the mentality of "Well, I screwed myself for the week, might as well blow the rest of it off." No, I don't wake up and plan to suck at WW for that day.  The problem is poor menu planning.

(As a side note, we stopped at Sheetz for breakfast on Sunday morning.  Check out how cute this Tabasco bottle is that they gave me with my Shmuffin.)


For example, after I got to work on Tuesday I quickly jotted down a menu for the day.  Well, I didn't abide by the menu.  First, I failed at Beck and actually gave myself a Choice and ate fries from Chick-fil-a (because I was craving Heinz), even though I had a healthy, homemade chicken parmesan awaiting me in my office.  Even though I ate the fries, I knew I still had the Points+ for it.  Then, I realized on the drive home from work that I forgot to account for that smoothie I had in the morning.  Well that smoothie actually took away the graciousness of the Points+ I thought I had for those fries.  So, basically I consumed all my Points+ by lunchtime Tuesday and I hadn't even eaten dinner!

I know that when I do manage to plan out my meals, I'm completely successful on the Plan.  When I don't plan those meals, I often overeat either accidentally or on purpose and hence don't lose any weight or gain weight.  It is that simple.  Yet, it's not that simple.

Source.
Menu planning takes time.  Not only that, but I kind of find it to be a pain.  In the past, I've sat down to menu plan on a weekend for the upcoming week and it ends up taking me several hours to do it.  I have to pull a lot of the food out of my pantry to calculate the Points+ or even just so I can see what I have in stock, make grocery lists for what I need to make a complete meal, and then go get that food.  By the time it's all said and done I've spent a Saturday just meal planning and grocery shopping.  And to do that every single week? I don't see it happening.

I've also tried meal planning one day at a time.  However, I don't like to grocery shop through the week, so if I meal plan on such short notice, I can see it leaving me in a bind in that I may not have all the ingredients for a meal on hand.

Excuses. Excuses.

If you construct a meal plan, what is your strategy?  Does anyone know of any meal plan/menu builders online that you find very useful?  Or do you have a binder or some type of notebook that is even better?  Please share your meal planning tips!!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Weight Loss Challenges / Weight Watchers by title Struggling...Part 2. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/09/strugglingpart-2.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Struggling...Part 2 Updated at : 1:00 PM
Thursday, September 22, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top