0

The Lady Eve's Reel Life is one year old today...and no one is more surprised by this anniversary than the lady herself. When I nervously posted my first piece on TCM's Classic Film Union blog pages about 2-1/2 years ago I didn't imagine I'd soon be contributing to a collaborative blog (The Classic Film & TV Cafe) and would, not too much later, begin a blog of my own. I never would have believed that along the way I'd get to know and interview two amazing women, one a former child actress who'd been featured in a Hitchcock classic, and the other the daughter of an iconic star of the silent era. As fulfilling as all of this has been, equally rewarding is getting to know the many classic film fans and bloggers I've met in the past few years. I received a lot of help from these new friends as I set off on my blogging adventures and want to particularly thank Rick Armstrong, who couldn't be more supportive, helpful - and patient!

At first I thought I might celebrate here by sharing links to some of my early TCM and Cafe blogs, but reconsidered. I'd rather nod in the direction of the film that inspired my online moniker, the scintillating work of brilliant and meteoric writer/director Preston Sturges -The Lady Eve (1941)...



Thanks to all who visit Reel Life, with deepest gratitude to my loyal followers!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category TCM / TCM Classic Film Union / The Classic Film and TV Cafe / The Lady Eve (author) by title One Year Ago Today.... You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/09/one-year-ago-today.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo One Year Ago Today... Updated at : 7:00 AM
Thursday, September 15, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top