0
I was so anxious for today's weigh in.  I've been consistently losing over the last 3 weeks and I wanted to keep the momentum going.  I would have been pleased with losing less than a pound, just so that it was a recorded "loss".

Source.
There have been a few occasions where I've gotten close to meeting my first 10 lbs goal, but then ultimately failed. But still, it's always in the back of my mind when I hop on the scale Friday mornings to see the verdict.  I desperately want those new shoes!!   

Today was no different.  I really wanted to see a 10 lbs loss (total, not since last week :) ), but like I said, I would have been happy with any loss.  Still, as I was getting ready to step on the scale, I told myself, "Just picture the 10 lbs loss Hilary, it could happen!"

Holy moly friends!

Sure enough - 253.8 was staring back at me!!!!!

That means that I have removed the first 10 lbs of this loonnnnggggg weight loss journey.   It has taken me 6 months to lose 10 lbs everybody.  6 months!  It is what it is and I'll take it.  And I will never see those 10 lbs again.  But, what I want you to realize is if you're struggling and not seeing immediate results, hang in there.  If I could sum up in one word the theme of these past 6 months for me, it would be called Perseverance.

per·se·ver·ance noun \ËŒpÉ™r-sÉ™-ˈvir-É™n(t)s\:
continued effort to do or achieve something despite difficulties, failure, or opposition

Yes, I would say based on that definition, that pretty much sums up my journey thus far.  
So, my reward for meeting the first 10 lbs goal was a brand new pair of tennis shoes:

Source.
I am a big supporter of breast cancer research.  These are the New Balance Lace Up for the Cure walking shoes.  

they have the pink ribbon detail on the inside - love it!
I'm so excited to finally be getting these new shoes!!

Now that I've met my first major goal, it is time to update the Progress Pictures!  AND, it is time to get this "party" started - I plan to celebrate this achievement allllll day long :).

Best wishes for a fabulous, happy and blessed weekend everybody :).

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category 10 Pound Goal / Loss / Success / Weight Loss by title My First 10 Pound Goal Has Been Met!. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/09/my-first-10-pound-goal-has-been-met.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo My First 10 Pound Goal Has Been Met! Updated at : 6:48 AM
Friday, September 9, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top