0
I'm actually participating in FMM today :).




Kenlie asked: What is your favorite holiday and why?

Ironic that she asked this because I just posted this on Facebook this morning... my favorite holiday is Halloween!

I like that Halloween sort of kicks off the fall/winter holidays.  After not having a real major holiday since Easter, I like how Halloween is the introduction back into the months of holiday celebrations.  Plus, to me, Halloween = fall.  I love the colors associated with the holiday: orange, black, brown, deep reds, purples, yellows, etc.  I love when the leaves change colors, and when driving back to the Motherland the mountainsides are ensconced in all of the vibrant fall colors.  So pretty - especially on a sunny, fall day.


I love the activities associated with Halloween like: going to haunted houses, carving pumpkins, jumping in piles of leaves with my niece (and nephew someday!), Pumpkin Spice Lattes, how well Charles fits in to this holiday, the chill in the air, sweaters, full moons, spookyness, dressing up, etc.

Of course the other holidays come in very close to Halloween, but there is just something about this spooky holiday that I enjoy so much.

As an adult, I've only dressed up one time.  Joel and I were Dorothy and the Scarecrow.  We were still riding the Wizard of Oz high after I had just returned from 3 months of living in Kansas City, MO.  :)  I also really enjoy Halloween parties!.


 What is your favorite holiday?
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Friend Making Mondays by title Friend Making Mondays: Favorite Holidays. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/09/friend-making-mondays-favorite-holidays.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Friend Making Mondays: Favorite Holidays Updated at : 2:29 PM
Monday, September 26, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top