0
I had my doctor's appointment this morning. The doctor couldn't really see any healing in my scaphoid bone. When I looked at the x-ray it looked like it was actually worse than before. Of course, I'm not an orthopaedic surgeon, but even he said he didn't really see any improvement but he wanted to try another month of my wrist in a cast.

I'm really disappointed. Even though my doctor had warned me my scaphoid probably wouldn't heal on it's own in a month, if ever, I was still hoping. This particular bone, the scaphoid, tends to not heal easily because it doesn't get a good supply of blood. My doctor told me this fact at my last appointment, and I had read about it on numerous websites in the last three weeks. Still, I thought with all my vitamins, supplements, healthy eating and regular exercise, there would be a miracle and it would heal. I was wrong.

I'll keep up the exercise and healthy food, if not for my scaphoid bone, then for the rest of me.

Getting the dirty, pink cast removed.


 This wasn't a staged picture of pain. It hurt like heck after the cast was removed.


Not happy (and I have bad posture!).

I guess I'll go for a walk now. I need to get my arm moving and hopefully get the blood flowing to my wrist. Even though it may not heal, and I'll wind up getting surgery on it anyway, I'll still need to be healthy for the surgery.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title A purple cast this time. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/09/a-purple-cast-this-time.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo A purple cast this time Updated at : 2:01 PM
Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top