0
As part of the Beck Challenge, we were asked to pick a day where we have to skip lunch.  By doing this, it is to teach us that it is actually 'ok' to feel hungry.  Despite my popular beliefs, it won't hurt me (this is news to me!), I won't die from one skipped meal (are you sure about that Dr. Beck?), and eventually this hunger will go away (I don't believe this for a second!).  Today was the day where I skipped lunch.  However, I didn't exactly do everything as planned. 

I skipped breakfast, though not on purpose.  I had 2 cups of tea this morning, which filled me up, and I got distracted while in a meeting.  Before I knew it it was 12 noon and time for lunch.  I really was super hungry by this time and I had a Kashi TLC Cherry Vanilla Cereal Bar and an Emerald Breakfast On the Go Smores nut pack.  That's all I had all day until 6 PM.  So, even though I didn't follow it exactly as planned, believe me, I still felt the sensation of hunger.  And while I was able to resist eating for the 'experiment', I never actually felt the hunger pains go away entirely.  I'm sure if this occurred on a more regular basis they may not be so intense, but my stomach was rumbling non stop.

And still, even though I pre-prepared healthy dinners for most of the week on Sunday, none of it sounded appealing tonight.  And while I didn't really want Papa Johns when Joel suggested it, I did have the Points+ for 2 slices, thanks to skipping meals today.  I also knew I didn't want to sabotage an entire day's worth of hard work, plus our nice walk we did this evening by going overboard like I usually would.   But, I did great! For once, friends, I actually controlled my intake of take-out pizza!  I don't recall that ever happening ever before! Giving myself some credit Beck ;).


On another note, what is wrong with these bananas?  I've had them for almost 2 weeks now and they are still green!  Do you think they will they ever ripen?

Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category The Beck Diet Solution / Weight Loss Challenges by title What's Wrong With My Bananas?. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-wrong-with-my-bananas.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo What's Wrong With My Bananas? Updated at : 4:44 PM
Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top