0
Don't I look miserable? I tried to smile but honestly, I just want to cry.

I have a severe fracture of my scaphoid wrist bone. Only the most important bones in my wrist.

A full cast for three months...if I'm lucky. The alternative is surgery in a month if it's not healing properly. I don't like either option but I hate surgery.

Several of you suggested seeing a doctor after my bike accident. Since I was still having wrist pain I scheduled an appointment for this morning with an orthopedic surgeon. I actually saw three surgeons this morning. The first was a young intern, barely wet behind the ears, then the real doctor, then the #1 orthopedic surgeon in the area (at least that's what they told me), he just happen to be down to the Federal Way Clinic from the Seattle Virginia Mason Clinic. He's the one that made the diagnosis and had them put me in this miserable cast.

This is life I guess. Ironic because I love doing upper body workouts. Well, that's not going to happen for three months. I guess I'll focus on abs and lower body. My cardio will have to be walking. Lots and lots of walking.

Even worse than not being able to exercise my regular routine is that I can't type with my left hand. I type for a living, software development. Not good.

I just want to cry.

Before my day went to hell at the doctor's office, I weighed in at 188.4. That was a nice number to see (much better than 199.8 from two weeks ago). It's going to be a real battle to keep going with my weight loss with my arm out of commission, but I intend to keep up the good fight in spite of this setback with the cast.
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category by title What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/08/what-doesn-kill-us-makes-us-stronger.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Updated at : 10:16 PM
Monday, August 8, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top