0
Dear Lord: 

Thank you God.  Thank you God for protecting me, Joel, and my coworkers today during the 5.8 magnitude earthquake here in Arlington, VA.  Thank you for getting us out of our office building safely and as quickly as possible.  Thank you for Joel getting out of our condo safely.  Thank you for keeping everyone safe throughout the East Coast of the U.S.

Thank you for being with me as I took cover under the desk in my office.  


Today was the scariest day of my life, Lord. Ever. And I never want to experience that kind of fear again, Lord. 

I just simply cannot thank You enough.  As I was under my desk, I was frantically praying to You, asking You to keep us safe.  As we made our way down from the top floor (11th) in the stairwell, I prayed more.  All I could think about were those poor souls on September 11, and the fear they must have felt.  I imagine I felt a similar fear like that today.  It was awful.   I prayed and thanked You for every flight of stairs You helped us descend.    

Thank You for allowing me to get in touch with Joel, family and friends so quickly afterward by allowing enough of a cell signal for text messages to process.

Thank You for giving me kind enough coworkers to obtain my laptop for me because I was too afraid to go back into the building once it was deemed "safe".  

Thank you for allowing Joel to easily drive to my office to pick me up afterward. 

Thank You for being with me today, Lord.  Without You, I don't know what I would have done.

In Jesus' name,
Amen
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category Miscellaneous by title So There Was An Earthquake Today.... You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/08/so-there-was-earthquake-today.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo So There Was An Earthquake Today... Updated at : 3:50 PM
Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top