0
Wow! Thank you all for stopping by yesterday and for all of your encouraging comments - what a pleasant surprise each time the Google's notified me of a comment :).  

Today I bring you a new breakfast recipe!

Something I've frequently heard from friends and fellow bloggers is that they eat the same thing for breakfast every day.  That's cool, if that works for you.  I used to be this way too, back when I lost 50 lbs in college.  I would eat the exact same thing every day, every week.  I knew nothing but Lean Cuisines/Smart Ones/Healthy Choice frozen meals and 100 calorie packs.  I cannot stomach the look to either of those food items now.

Now, I make a lot of things by hand.

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day, and I like to add variety to my life where I can.   Because of this, I try not to eat the same thing twice too close together.  This week's breakfast is Hungry Girl's AM Apple Scramble.  The end result of this dish is something similar to that of oatmeal & Cream of Wheat.  It ends up dry, but not so dry that it tastes bad.  It was kind of hard to tell when it was done, but I just followed along with HG's recommended cooking time of 5 minutes.  When it's done cooking, it starts to firm up and lose some of it's moisture, and the color gets slightly darker. 

Hungry Girl 1-2-3: AM Apple Scramble - 7 Points+ (her version calculates at 6 Points+)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup peeled and finely chopped apple (approx. 1 medium apple) 

  • 1 slice Wonder Light White Bread - I used Martin's Whole Wheat Potato Bread
    1/2 cup Egg Beaters, Original

  • 3 tbsp. regular oats (not quick or instant)

  • 1 oz. light vanilla soymilk

  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

  • 2 packets SPLENDA

  • pinch salt


Directions:
Begin by stirring to combine all ingredients except for the bread and apple. Set aside. Toast bread well (but do not burn) and allow it to cool.  Tear bread into pieces and place in a blender or food processor.  Pulse bread until reduced to small pieces.  Add mixture and chopped apple to blender or processor and pulse until mixed (NOT liquefied).  In a pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook mixture over medium heat.  Prepare as you would scrambled eggs, constantly moving mixture around with a spatula.  Cook for approximately 5 minutes, until solid crumbles form and brown slightly.  Serves 1!
 I hope you all have a great "On Plan" day!
Advertisement
You have just read the article News for today's that category ` / Hungry Girl / Weight Watcher Recipes by title Hungry Girl 1-2-3: AM Apple Scramble. You can bookmark this page with a URL https://news-these-days.blogspot.com/2011/08/hungry-girl-1-2-3-am-apple-scramble.html. Thank you!
Posted by: Tukiyooo Hungry Girl 1-2-3: AM Apple Scramble Updated at : 7:57 AM
Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Post a Comment

 
Top